Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question about Navy Nuke School

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Question about Navy Nuke School

Advertisements
    My bf is supposed to be going to the nuke school in SC, and we were told by his recruiter that he would stay in barracks, and if I came to visit on weekends then he could stay in a hotel with me. He wrote to me and said that he may have to stay in the barracks all the time, and even if we're married we can't live together until he's an E4. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? Anyone had an SO in nuke school and know the process??
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

1.) Liberty is in 3 phases. The first phase (approx 1mo), he can't leave base. Phases two or three he can spend overnight off base. Based on behavior he could be reverted back to phase one at any time.
    2.) As for marriage, the command may authorize him to live outside the barracks if he is married. The chances of that are entirely dependent upon the command, the current level of occupancy of base housing, etc. etc. Being married so that he can live outside of barracks is not a good idea.

All of that is subject to change upon many, many factors, so take it for what it's worth! I hope that helps. My husband went through the nuke pipeline almost 10 years ago, so some things may have changed.
  3. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPT View Post
    1.) Liberty is in 3 phases. The first phase (approx 1mo), he can't leave base. Phases two or three he can spend overnight off base. Based on behavior he could be reverted back to phase one at any time.
    2.) As for marriage, the command may authorize him to live outside the barracks if he is married. The chances of that are entirely dependent upon the command, the current level of occupancy of base housing, etc. etc. Being married so that he can live outside of barracks is not a good idea.

All of that is subject to change upon many, many factors, so take it for what it's worth! I hope that helps. My husband went through the nuke pipeline almost 10 years ago, so some things may have changed.
    Still accurate