Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: WOFT...what to expect?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help WOFT...what to expect?

Advertisements
    Hi there! My husband is currently in BCT and will then move to Warrant Officer Candidate School. I was wondering if any of you out there have experienced a SO in this program and could give me a little insight on what to expect and how it goes. He is going to be in flight training after that as well. Thanks in advance!
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    No one
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I was with exDB while he went through WOCS and flight school. There are a couple other on here who have been through it too. It took exDB about 2 years from the start of WOCS to the end of flight school. He got recycled at the beginning of WOCS for failing the initial PT test and then once in BOLC, so he was there a bit longer than some people, but not by much. He won't be able to contact you during the beginning of WOCS, I can't remember how long it was before I got it call. After that, the only other time he won't be able to contact you is during SERE. Training is pretty intense, he'll have a ton to learn, but it'll pass quickly for you guys. Do you have any more specific questions? Will you be moving to Ft. Rucker with him?

I Eelizah
  4. Senior Member
    My BF is an army aviator, but he went through the training before we met. Plus, it was back in the late 90's, a lot might've changed. If you have any specific questions I could ask him.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Was just wondering about communication mostly. Going from basic to wocs how it changes. I know he will have a lot more to study. I assume I will be moving to Fort Rucker after wocs graduation...I honestly just feel at the mercy of the army as to communication and moving...lol. SERE is during flight school, right?
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmieLou View Post
    Was just wondering about communication mostly. Going from basic to wocs how it changes.
    Sorry it took so long to get an answer, my BF had to work over. He said to tell you and him getting selected has never been easy but it's even harder now. As far as communication during WOCS, if it hasn't changed he won't be able to call for the first three weeks.

I know he will have a lot more to study.
    Oh yeah, a lot of studying.

I assume I will be moving to Fort Rucker after wocs graduation...I honestly just feel at the mercy of the army as to communication and moving...lol.
    Yeah, the bolded part isn't just limited to WOFS, it's an army thing. When you do get to Fort Rucker, the family readiness group will be able to give you info on various things.

SERE is during flight school, right?
    For my BF it was separate from flight school, but it's at Fort Rucker also, so you won't have to move.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Was just wondering about communication mostly. Going from basic to wocs how it changes. I know he will have a lot more to study. I assume I will be moving to Fort Rucker after wocs graduation...I honestly just feel at the mercy of the army as to communication and moving...lol. SERE is during flight school, right?
    It's kind of a progression of classes. So I think it goes WOCS, BOLC, SERE, flight school. Then flight school is broken up into a couple different classes. It's been a couple years now, so if I'm wrong someone please correct me. All of it takes place at Ft. Rucker. Some people don't follow their spouses down to there because it's a pretty short period of time. It's up to you though. Communication will be totally normal except during WOCS and SERE. WOCS is a lot like basic where they won't have any privileges and then they'll start to earn them back.

I Eelizah