Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Changes to Navy Advancement

1. Senior Member

Changes to Navy Advancement

Advertisements
    FYI Navy people...

The Navy has changed how they release the advancement results. Now, Commands are notified the day before the general public so that the Commands have the opportunity to notify the sailors themselves.

This cycle, it will be:
    -Monday, May 19 - Quotas released publicly

-Thursday, May 22 (morning Eastern Time) – Command triad notified via BOL of their command’s results.

-Friday, May 23 (morning Eastern Time) – Individual Sailor advancement notification on BOL, Navy Enlisted Advancement System (NEAS) and NKO.

-Friday, May 23 (approximately 1000 Eastern Time) – Public release via Navy social media, web and news sites.

http://navylive.dodlive.mil/2014/05/...ent-questions/

Personally, I think it's a great change.

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I think that's good. When DH made first class in winter 2012, all the wives on the boat all knew their sailors made it and it was torture waiting until he got home that night because I couldn't get the link to load and didn't want to know potentially before he even knew.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    happily, the wife has one promotion to go, and that will happen in about 5 years.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah...that is a good idea; having some sort of set schedule instead of a free for all if you will. It doesn't say, at least I didn't see it, but is this for all ranks or just E-4 to E-6? We found out DH's last rank when a friend called to congratulate him while he was on his way to work. He called me to look it up and confirm.
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    Yeah...that is a good idea; having some sort of set schedule instead of a free for all if you will. It doesn't say, at least I didn't see it, but is this for all ranks or just E-4 to E-6? We found out DH's last rank when a friend called to congratulate him while he was on his way to work. He called me to look it up and confirm.
    I would guess since they're doing a 'trial' this cycle, whether or not the make the change to the chief eligible and chief select lists will depend on how well this works.

But I agree, finding out you're advancing should come from your superiors not a mad free for all to see who can open the website first.

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    I would guess since they're doing a 'trial' this cycle, whether or not the make the change to the chief eligible and chief select lists will depend on how well this works.

But I agree, finding out you're advancing should come from your superiors not a mad free for all to see who can open the website first.
    Yeah DH found out he made chief and senior while at work and he called to tell me. That was nice. Well...I actually thought he was pulling my leg with senior. I hit the wrong button and he thought I hung up on him cause I had just said 'shut the eff up'. lol But his friend called him about warrant officer. That one I wish would have come from the command, or at least him knowing and calling me. Not him calling me to confirm.
  7. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KnittingGuamMama View Post
    I think that's good. When DH made first class in winter 2012, all the wives on the boat all knew their sailors made it and it was torture waiting until he got home that night because I couldn't get the link to load and didn't want to know potentially before he even knew.
    That's how it was when my exDH made first class in '10. I actually found out from a wife who called me.

I think this is a great change.
  8. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    It used to be that way. CO got the message and if you didn't get called to his office, you knew you didn't make it.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  9. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    Yeah DH found out he made chief and senior while at work and he called to tell me. That was nice. Well...I actually thought he was pulling my leg with senior. I hit the wrong button and he thought I hung up on him cause I had just said 'shut the eff up'. lol But his friend called him about warrant officer. That one I wish would have come from the command, or at least him knowing and calling me. Not him calling me to confirm.
    yep, i loved it when DH's command found out about dh getting selected for LDO. within ten minutes of getting the notification they set up a totally amazing way of telling him and to this day we still laugh at that whole debacle. Great times....