Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sgts Course

1. Senior Member

Sgts Course

Advertisements
    Hey ladies,

My boyfriend is currently deployed to Okinawa for 6 months. Apparently hes going to take the Sgts Course while there in a couple of weeks. Im just wondering what I can expect. I know he has some friends whove been through it so he is getting the Marine side, but as a girlfriend I have no clue. He seems pretty confident that well still be able to talk (he has to have an internet connection....we talk through Gchat, Facebook, Skype, or iMessage/Facetime).

I would appreciate any information yall have on what to expect! Thank you!
  2. Senior Member
    He should be able to still contact you. He may be physically and mentally exhausted, so I wouldn't expect as much. But he should have free time. My ex-H went through it and I know he had homework to do for it and he was stressed out with it. Plus, he was physically exhausted too.
  3. Senior Member
    Thank you for letting me know!
  4. Senior Member
    Well he started...this week it's been much less talking, but I can tell he makes an effort every day even if it's just a few quick text messages. So that means a lot!
  5. Seor Member
    Seor Member
    I've known a few guys to go there here, and it's definitely exhausting. He should have free time, but I would try not to be offended if he chooses to spend time unwinding alone or with friends rather than calling you every chance he gets (easier said than done, I know ). Lots of homework, lots of studying, and just plain lots of lots in general.

be cool.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
    I've known a few guys to go there here, and it's definitely exhausting. He should have free time, but I would try not to be offended if he chooses to spend time unwinding alone or with friends rather than calling you every chance he gets (easier said than done, I know ). Lots of homework, lots of studying, and just plain lots of lots in general.
    Definitely. It does help that most of his free time seems to be in the middle of the night/when I'm getting ready for work in the morning. I've found (as everyone knows ) that being busy makes it a little easier to not stare at the clock and wonder when I'm going to hear from him.