Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Air Force Officer Commissioning Ceremony

1. Regular Member

Air Force Officer Commissioning Ceremony

Advertisements
    My husband will be commissioning in the Air Force this summer. I was hoping to get some advice about what is appropriate for me to wear to the event. It is a late morning/noon event and I will be pinning him. If anybody has pictures of what they wore or what would be appropriate that would be wonderful! I don't want to mess this special occasion up for him. Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    A nice summer dress (as close to knee length as possible) and if it is thin strapped or strapless with a light cardigan or bolero/shrug over it.
  3. Junior Member
    This is what I wore, and my family/husbands family wore to his commissioning ceremony. It was around noon time in Phoenix in May ... so it was hot

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

4. Senior Member
    Generally, think "church, bridal shower, or tea". It's tough because people wear different things to those events (like shorts and tees to church), but that hopefully gives you a good idea.

Since it will be warm, a sun dress is a great choice, but make sure it isn't too short (above the knee is okay, like Tamzyn's dress above, but don't go much shorter than hers is). And make sure there isn't much cleavage. You don't have to be in a turtleneck, but lean toward conservative.

Also, if it is going to be outdoors in a grassy area, consider wearign flats or wedges as you don't want to sink into the grass, especially as you walk up to pin him. Congrats to your DH!
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Regular Member
    Thanks for the info ladies! Tamzyn, thanks for posting a photo for me too.