Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ATG spouses..can I pick your brain? purdy please

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

ATG spouses..can I pick your brain? purdy please

Advertisements
    I have a few questions since DH will be doing ATG in Hawaii in a couple of months.

Someone told me they are pretty much forward deployed? Is that true? I know that they go out a lot for a few days here and there but thats really all I know

DH works from like 6am to 7pm everyday when he's here, so I'm used to him never being home..Do you think it's going to be around the same hours? DH is a workoholic so i
    suspect even if its not long hours he's going to be there a long time anyways.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My husband was not ATG in Japan but we were friends with several people who were. And yes, they were forward deployed in Japan. And they go out a lot with the ships. It was no set schedule. They'd go out with one ship for 2 weeks, come home for a week, gone for 6 weeks, home for a couple of months & so on. It was never a set schedule. But when they were in, the hours were not the best.

I would assume, but of course can't say for sure, that in Hawaii it would be similar. Who knows, maybe it will be a very easy schedule in Hawaii.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  3. Senior Member

Like Debra said, there's no predictable schedule. They may go out for a day or for several weeks at a time.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

I suppose anything would be better than 6month deployments back to back We will have shore duty there but not really since he will be leaving all the time

we'll see how it goes.