Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DH picked up for WOCS…now what.

1. Regular Member

DH picked up for WOCS…now what.

Advertisements
    My DH was recently selected for WOCS (not flight) and he has a school date for the end of May. We are currently living in Europe. This is where I am confused…I know he will sooner or later find out his next duty station. I know that they do not PCS the family with him for school. So do they pcs us back to our home of record or to his next duty station? We have heard both. Also, any idea WHEN we will find out where his next duty station will be? Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    Is he due to PCS soon or does he still have longer with the overseas assignment?

This site may give some answers

WOCC | WOCS
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  3. Regular Member
    He has his school date already. He will be going to WOCS in May. His DEROS for leaving Europe was the end of this summer, but that got changed due to his getting picked up. I have heard from people both that the families stayed put until after WOCS/WOBC and then that they were PCS'ed to the home of record, or to the next duty station. I have basically gave up on finding anything out lol. He got picked up in November and reports for school in just shy of 120 days. Hopefully he will get his RFO soon and that will answer some questions. Of course he is going to the field though, so I am sure he won't know anything until he gets back.

Thank you for responding though!
  4. Senior Member
    Most European countries will not let the families stay in country after the military member is no longer assigned to a base/post there. Unfortunately, that doesn't help with letting you know where you will be moved to in the states.