Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Air Force spouses worried?,

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

Any other Air Force spouses worried?,

Advertisements
    Leaders push voluntary exits to trim force | Air Force Times | airforcetimes.com
    I'm freaked out
    I'm so worried about this happening to us. We haven't had a chance to do anything to have us have something to fall back on.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    kinda. i read that the ones to go first are ones who have had paperwork, failed a pt test, etc so my husband should be good. he switched aircrafts and they need more people for that job so i'm hoping he's safe because of that too.

we have a few really good plans to fall back on. if you want, i can give you resources to guaranteed jobs if he so happened to get cut.

3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Based on what I read there if or when they go to involuntary separations they will start at the bottom up. .meaning, they will first get rid of poor performers and those that are seemingly not wanting to stay in. They are also encouraging 15 year retirement (for those that qualify). And those with more than 6 but less than 15 will get separation pay if involuntarily separated.

Its definitely something of concern, but I would guess, if your DH is in the 6-15 year window and has a good record (no dings at all) then he should be okay...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Based on what I read there if or when they go to involuntary separations they will start at the bottom up. .meaning, they will first get rid of poor performers and those that are seemingly not wanting to stay in. They are also encouraging 15 year retirement (for those that qualify). And those with more than 6 but less than 15 will get separation pay if involuntarily separated.

Its definitely something of concern, but I would guess, if your DH is in the 6-15 year window and has a good record (no dings at all) then he should be okay...
    He has some minor dings from his first year in. Like 2 loc's I think! Maybe only one and a 4 epr (that reads like a 5) since his command kind of screwed him and he didn't know better at the time. But since then he's been great etc awards and all that jazz. He's at 7 years now, and e5.
    It's just nerve wracking! I'm suppose to be planning our big rail trip and I can't even think about it since that's like $2000-$3000 and we can't spend that if we even have a chance of being forced out!

Miriah hopefully we won't need them but I'll be messaging you if we do =\
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    is he in an undermanned field? Those will be exempted.
    If he is in an overmanned field, then those are first targetted.

The article says that Gen. Grosso said by end of year, any airmen affected will know where they stand. Said, they should talk to their commander if they are concerned or if they have questions.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    is he in an undermanned field? Those will be exempted.
    If he is in an overmanned field, then those are first targetted.

The article says that Gen. Grosso said by end of year, any airmen affected will know where they stand. Said, they should talk to their commander if they are concerned or if they have questions.
    He's been talking they said he should be ok, but you know how things can be! I'm just a worrier since I don't want to be poor again or forced to live with family. He's deployed right now too so he's talking with two different commands.

Fingers crossed everything goes the way people want it to for their families!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Hubby reaches 16yrs in Feb, is on his short tour till late next year, we are already at our follow on and his enlistment is up 4 mths before he hits his 20. He also just got a HUGE warrant for work, so I think we are safe, but there is always that chance.

8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Not really. Dh has some good things going for him.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  9. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I'm not super worried due to DH's career being critically manned but the future concerns me a bit. He's going to need to reenlist right at 15 years, and I'm nervous something will go wrong and they won't let him. Logically there's not a reason (as of now) for him not to be able to, but I like to worry myself. We've got some back up plans in the works, and it's a ways off yet.

I hope everything works out for your DH
  10. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

double double...
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast