Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Informational Books: Ranger

1. Regular Member

Informational Books: Ranger

Advertisements
    Does anyone know any good books for Ranger School? Just kind of bored and wanting something to read that will give me a better idea of what he will be going through. Maybe I'll even pass it on to the DH afterwards. We've already watched the "Surviving the Cut" thing together but I'm guessing you can't be over prepared for this kind of thing. Anything that I can do to help him out and that includes giving him details that even his friends didn't tell him about.
  2. Senior Member
    Honestly the best thing he can do to prepare is to 1.) Work on physical endurance and upper body strength. He needs to be able to accomplish difficult physical tasks and make sound decisions with a very tired and hungry body. He should check and see what the RPFT test and road march standards are, then train himself to max them and go beyond. 2.) He needs to do a lot of thinking about what it means to him. His honesty, integrity and willingness to put others before himself have to remain strong, no matter what the conditions. That may seem like a no brainer, but when they are only given two meals a day and one hour of sleep, plus being exposed to the elements 24/7, he will need to dig deep and keep reminding himself why he is there. 3.) Know thy rules and regulations like his life depends on it.

My DH is currently an Ranger Instructor. From what he talks about, there are a lot of guys that get dropped and recycled because of stupid stuff like trying to sneak food or other banned items, or trying to get away with something to get ahead of the game. There also guys who just where not physically or mentally prepared from the beginning.

Best wishes to your SO! I am sure he will be great!
  3. Regular Member
    Thank you so much for the tips! I will definitely pass it on the the DH. It may just be because I am biased but I think he is pretty good with all of that stuff. Although, I've never really seen him in action. He definitely abides by the rules so, there will be no sneaking food and stuff like that. I'm really praying for the best outcome. I know that passing all the way through is a very difficult but somebody has to right?!