Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: AFROTC Instructor

1. Junior Member

AFROTC Instructor

Advertisements
    Has anyone or their SO done this duty? My husband wants to do it (ever since going through AFROTC he's wanted to do it) and he's been recently told that the best time to do it would be after his current assignment. Do you get to choose which detachments you apply for, or do they just assign you one? It's still not really clear to me how officer assignments work compared to enlisted, so any info would be appreciated

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

2. Senior Member
    It is one of those "dream sheet" deals. They do put out a list of the locations with openings. The officer also has to be released by their career field before they can apply.
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I'm not going to be helpful, I just had a question.........my neighbor is a retired marine and he recently started being the ROTC guy at a local high school...I didn't know active duty people did ROTC teaching...I don't know what my question is, I guess....how does ROTC work?
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    I'm not going to be helpful, I just had a question.........my neighbor is a retired marine and he recently started being the ROTC guy at a local high school...I didn't know active duty people did ROTC teaching...I don't know what my question is, I guess....how does ROTC work?
    It is my understanding that the retired military member (E & O) fills the JROTC (high school) instructor spots. Active duty members fill the college ROTC billets.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    It is my understanding that the retired military member (E & O) fills the JROTC (high school) instructor spots. Active duty members fill the college ROTC billets.
    Ohhh that totally makes sense. I have never looked into it at all, so I never thought about it. Good to know, thanks!