Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no letter...

1. Senior Member

Grumpy no letter...

Advertisements
    I am really down in the dumps missing DH today. I havent gotten a letter since 12th and I haven't gotten a phone call in almost 3 weeks. My hormones are so crazy, all I can do is cry. I just want to hear from him....

He is supposed to graduate in 15 days, when will they let him call and let me know that he made it thru and will graduating on time? Thanks for letting me whine... I just feel so depressed today
  2. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    The last few weeks are always really busy!! Try not to get down! You may be surprised by a really long phone call closer to the end!! Keep sticking through it girl!! The last few weeks of not seeing him always seems to go the longest!!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  3. Senior Member
    Like she said, they are extremely busy and I know from experience. Just keep busy and it will fly by. Here is what I would do when my wife went through Navy basic training, I would check the mail everyday and keep my phone on me all the time. It was like christmas every time she called or I rec'd a letter. I didn't mope around I was too busy for that. Of course my wifes situation was different considering they found pre-cancerous cells on her cervix which was found 2 weeks before graduation. Her RDC's gave her the option of guitting but she told them, I quit I die I stay I live. She stayed and now, well, she is clear of it after surgery. With al that happenine the chaplin's were ordering her to call me a lot more then I expected.

Also, he could be in a group of "special individuals" meaning his group could be a bunch of screw offs. Not saying he is just saying that is also a possibility because that happened to me when I went through.
  4. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnysGirl View Post
    The last few weeks are always really busy!! Try not to get down! You may be surprised by a really long phone call closer to the end!! Keep sticking through it girl!! The last few weeks of not seeing him always seems to go the longest!!!
    Exactly... it's the end so they are very busy. Dont worry he will most likely be able to call you after it's all over. I hardly got anything when my DH was in bootcamp because they were so busy. Just try to keep busy during these last couple weeks.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USNFFG52 View Post
    Like she said, they are extremely busy and I know from experience. Just keep busy and it will fly by. Here is what I would do when my wife went through Navy basic training, I would check the mail everyday and keep my phone on me all the time. It was like christmas every time she called or I rec'd a letter. I didn't mope around I was too busy for that. Of course my wifes situation was different considering they found pre-cancerous cells on her cervix which was found 2 weeks before graduation. Her RDC's gave her the option of guitting but she told them, I quit I die I stay I live. She stayed and now, well, she is clear of it after surgery. With al that happenine the chaplin's were ordering her to call me a lot more then I expected.

Also, he could be in a group of "special individuals" meaning his group could be a bunch of screw offs. Not saying he is just saying that is also a possibility because that happened to me when I went through.
    I can't stay busy, I am on no activity because of the pregnancy. How many times did she get to call? I've only heardfrom him once
  6. Let's take a trip together on a bicycle built for two ;)
    Let's take a trip together on a bicycle built for two ;)
    hey i feel ya..im down in the dumps right now as well..crying evertime i think of db or him going away..whatever it is...theres water works..sucks..i hope you feel better though, and i hope you get to hear from him soon hun!!
    -Val
  7. Banned
    Banned
    They're allowed to make short phone calls every Sunday. No matter what type of "trouble" they've been in. The command can't keep them from communicating with their families at least once a week. So unless he's just "really busy" with the last couple of weeks, then I dunno. Sundays are generally the day they are forced to super clean everything, make their phone call(s), and go to their religious services.
  8. Senior Member
    Still not letter today... I'm trying so hard not to dwell on it but I miss him so much I just want to hear from him so bad.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CassieR1202 View Post
    Still not letter today... I'm trying so hard not to dwell on it but I miss him so much I just want to hear from him so bad.

we understand
  10. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    They're allowed to make short phone calls every Sunday. No matter what type of "trouble" they've been in. The command can't keep them from communicating with their families at least once a week. So unless he's just "really busy" with the last couple of weeks, then I dunno. Sundays are generally the day they are forced to super clean everything, make their phone call(s), and go to their religious services.
    That wasn't the case for when my DH was in training, but I think each base/port/post is different in the way they handle things.

I don't remember when I heard from DH about if he made it through for graduation....maybe 1 week beforehand? not sure. I only received a total of 2 phone calls the whole time (out of 9 weeks of basic training) and each lasted about 2 minutes.

Try to keep yourself busy with things that don't involve physical activity since you're pregnant. Put together puzzles, play computer games (those can be quite addicting sometimes!) watch a new movie every day, start a new TV show series to look forward to, etc.

You'll hear from him soon, just try to keep your mind occupied!

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast