Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Enroute Training in Jackson, MS

1. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict

Enroute Training in Jackson, MS

Advertisements
    Anyone had someone who went through enroute training in Jackson?

Any advice? We're trying to figure out where we will be flying out of for our PCS, which is immediate following his enroute training. We would be traveling to his enroute training from Orlando, instead of Dover.

Thanks for any infomation!!
  2. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    Anyone? No one?
  3. Member
    I will share my experience since no one else has answered. My husband had enroute training before our pcs. I had to stay behind and deal with the movers while he was gone since his training was only 2 months. they flew him home to get me, we left the following day to drive to our next base.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    it will depend, they may not fly you anywhere, and may have you drive, --- generally they only allow for flights if the PCS is over seas or the member does not own a POV.
    the enroute process will depend on whether It is a PCS or a TDY.
    Last edited by gunsgirl; 10-23-2013 at 06:40 AM.
  5. Senior Member
    Is the training TDY or a PCS? (If you aren't sure, then how long is the training?)
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DH did training enroute to here, because we were going from NY to GA to FL (month of leave) to NC we didn't see a point in paying $1000 in bills while he was in his training. So the movers came before his training, we drove to his training and I stayed in a hotel, then we drove to Orlando, and finally to here .
  7. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    it will depend, they may not fly you anywhere, and may have you drive, --- generally they only allow for flights if the PCS is over seas or the member does own a POV.
    the enroute process will depend on whether It is a PCS or a TDY.
    It is training, however our POV will already be shippedz

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Is the training TDY or a PCS? (If you aren't sure, then how long is the training?)
    It's training, it's a month. Our PCS to Ramstein is immediately following, with our report no later than date being 5 data after the end of training.

Quote Originally Posted by HisCrazyGirl View Post
    DH did training enroute to here, because we were going from NY to GA to FL (month of leave) to NC we didn't see a point in paying $1000 in bills while he was in his training. So the movers came before his training, we drove to his training and I stayed in a hotel, then we drove to Orlando, and finally to here .
    See that's what I'm think is more going to happen. I can't justify staying in our house, I can stay with my mom.
  8. Senior Member
    We did accompanied enroute training before we went to Belgium. Since the orders were accompanied, they paid for me to go with him for three months of training in Norfolk before we went to Belgium. We lived in an apartment with our four pets and then flew over. Our non-temp storage was in Minot, because that was the last PDS before Belgium. Our HHG shipped from Minot and since the TDY was so long, we didn't have to wait for them once we got to Belgium. The unaccompanied baggage we shipped from Norfolk. We also shipped our car from Norfolk.