Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Females at MEPS

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Wow Females at MEPS

Advertisements
    I would like to hear from some females that have been to a meps station. I know many soldiers but they're all male. I want to get the female perspective before I go next week. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    What, specifically, are you concerned about? Aside from the physical exam, I can't think of much that would differ because of genitalia
  3. Senior Member

I've been
    The first time there were 2 other females. The second time, there were 11 of us.
    What were your questions/concerns?

4. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Was it an all day event? What time did your recruiter drop you off? Some people say that is was while others say I took a few days. I'm in the Atlanta area.
  5. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Is the asvab taken first thing?
  6. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    I understand that everyone's story is different. Different cities etc...But I want to know if there is anything else besides the pregnancy test to be aware of.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

MEPS can easily be an all day thing. It also depends on what you're doing. The ASVAB is only given in a certain time frame (at least here). I took the test by itself and I got there at 130 and didn't leave until 5. The next test I took was just as long of a wait. I haven't been through other things but prepare to be there all day. Possibly overnight depending on how far away you are and what all you're doing. There have always been quite a few females doing various things when I've gone.
  8. Senior Member
    I went to Boston MEPS and it was a two day ordeal. Day 1: ASVAB. Day 2: Get scared a lot by being told not to lie, Eye test, ear test, blood test, piss test (you will have to pee in front of someone but it will be a female), Get asked question by a female doctor that your recruiter should have already asked you, change into a paper gown, get a physical the female doctor won't touch you just listen to your heart chest and back and then she'll look at your lady parts, she'll also ask you about any identifying marks (i.e birth marks), then you'll have to change into underwear and perform some very silly exercises to show your joints work properly. I think thats pretty much the gist of it. It is a lot of waiting and being told not to lie. Feel free to PM me if you wish I went just two weeks ago so its pretty fresh in my mind!
  9. Senior Member

If you haven't taken the asvab, that is usually the afternoon of day 1. Then day 2, you do the medical, starting at 5 am. You'll probably be done a little after noon. Then you do your contract signing/job selection (each branch is different)

You may not have a female doctor. If there is none available, you can request a female nurse/observer be in the room with you.

10. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    If you haven't taken the asvab, that is usually the afternoon of day 1. Then day 2, you do the medical, starting at 5 am. You'll probably be done a little after noon. Then you do your contract signing/job selection (each branch is different)

You may not have a female doctor. If there is none available, you can request a female nurse/observer be in the room with you.

Thanks. Someone told me that the doctor will most likely be a male but there must be a female nurse present.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast