Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Becoming Warrant Officer Information

1. Senior Member

Becoming Warrant Officer Information

Advertisements
    I wasn't sure which forum was best for this. So, I figured I'd put it in the 'General Support' and 'Seeking Advice'. My DH (Army) has just started talking about trying to become a Warrant Officer. He talked to one of his higher ups the other day, and really liked what he heard, and then he did some looking around online. I was just wondering if anyone on here was with her S/O when he was going for it and could give me an idea of what it entailed. I know we're going to keep doing our own research and look into a lot more; especially since he can't really start much until he gets back from deployment. I know the requirements differ depending on what the MOS is and more, but I was hoping to find as many different stories as possible. It would help us get an idea of what it will be like, what it will take, what the different options are that we might not have come across...and more.

ADDED ON:
    I guess I wasn't exactly clear enough when I posted. I didn't mean to ask who had been able to move to where their S/O was schooling. I was simply asking for information from people who had been in a relationship their her S/O while he was becoming a WO. I figure those people will have the best information because they were actually "there" as it was happening.

I'm wondering how long the schooling and training was that your S/O went through, where was it, what were the possible duty stations once he completed everything, what kind of physical requirements were there, and anything and everything else you can tell me. I'm just wanting to know the whole process from people that have been through it. I plan to take that information and then the information DH and I get from his higher ups and anyone else we can talk to, and be able to form some kind of idea of what it will mean for what DH will have to do and go through.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by *WarBear's*Wife*; 06-29-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Trying to Clarify Question
  2. Senior Member

Becoming Warrant Officer Information

{erased}
    Last edited by *WarBear's*Wife*; 06-28-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Threads were merged
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have no advice, I just wanted to let you know that I've moved it to Military Career Progression.

I hope someone can help!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Threads merged. OP, please only make one thread on a topic. Thank you.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *WarBear's*Wife* View Post
    I wasn't sure which forum was best for this. So, I figured I'd put it in the 'General Support' and 'Seeking Advice'. My DH (Army) has just started talking about trying to become a Warrant Officer. He talked to one of his higher ups the other day, and really liked what he heard, and then he did some looking around online. I was just wondering if anyone on here was with her S/O when he was going for it and could give me an idea of what it entailed. I know we're going to keep doing our own research and look into a lot more; especially since he can't really start much until he gets back from deployment. I know the requirements differ depending on what the MOS is and more, but I was hoping to find as many different stories as possible. It would help us get an idea of what it will be like, what it will take, what the different options are that we might not have come across...and more.

Thank you in advance.
    Many decide to go depending on the length of the school of course. If you are eligible to go it will be on his orders and the military will move you otherwise it will be up to you to pay for the move if it is not authorized.

While they are at Warrant school, when they are not in classes they are studying. If they want to do well their studies have to be a priority.

If you would like to ask more specific questions I would be happy to do my best to answer.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaaau View Post
    Many decide to go depending on the length of the school of course. If you are eligible to go it will be on his orders and the military will move you otherwise it will be up to you to pay for the move if it is not authorized.

While they are at Warrant school, when they are not in classes they are studying. If they want to do well their studies have to be a priority.

If you would like to ask more specific questions I would be happy to do my best to answer.
    I guess I wasn't exactly clear enough when I posted. I didn't mean to ask who had been able to move to where their S/O was schooling. I was simply asking for information from people who had been in a relationship their her S/O while he was becoming a WO. I figure those people will have the best information because they were actually "there" as it was happening.

I'm wondering how long the schooling and training was that your S/O went through, where was it, what were the possible duty stations once he completed everything, what kind of physical requirements were there, and anything and everything else you can tell me. I'm just wanting to know the whole process from people that have been through it. I plan to take that information and then the information DH and I get from his higher ups and anyone else we can talk to, and be able to form some kind of idea of what it will mean for what DH will have to do and go through.