Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Med Board and Retirement

1. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries

Med Board and Retirement

Advertisements
    Well it looks like the paperwork is ready to send to D.C. which means DH will be getting on the med board and getting medically retired after 10 years in the Marine Corps. He has D-Taps today to start the process. I'm nervous and excited. I know it's going to be sooo much better for his to be out of the Marines and not in the environment that constantly reminds him of when he was overseas. Plus he NEEEEEEDS to get away from his command because they are horrible. I've had to step in a few times now and things will improve for a little bit then it's right back to the crap it was to begin with.

Anyway, I'm nervous because I dont know what DH is going to do once hes retired. He's mentioned a few different things that he's interested in. But problem is, his PTSD puts a damper on some choices simply because of his triggers (large crowds and such) ...I know he'll find something and he'll be great at it. I just dont want to see him get stressed or discouraged over any of it. Right now he's talking about moving to Louisiana and getting his Masters degree at LSU (his favorite team). Which I think would be AMAZING!

I'm really proud of all he has done and I cant wait for him to be able to get on with his life outside of the Marine Corps. But holy hell this is all so scary!

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

Come Check us out... Items designed for MilSo's!!
    Operation Military Sweethearts
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
  3. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries
    Thank You!
    I think once everything settles it will be good.

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

4. Senior Member
    to you and DH in this new phase of your life!
  5. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by PinkyLee View Post
    Well it looks like the paperwork is ready to send to D.C. which means DH will be getting on the med board and getting medically retired after 10 years in the Marine Corps. He has D-Taps today to start the process. I'm nervous and excited. I know it's going to be sooo much better for his to be out of the Marines and not in the environment that constantly reminds him of when he was overseas. Plus he NEEEEEEDS to get away from his command because they are horrible. I've had to step in a few times now and things will improve for a little bit then it's right back to the crap it was to begin with.

Anyway, I'm nervous because I dont know what DH is going to do once hes retired. He's mentioned a few different things that he's interested in. But problem is, his PTSD puts a damper on some choices simply because of his triggers (large crowds and such) ...I know he'll find something and he'll be great at it. I just dont want to see him get stressed or discouraged over any of it. Right now he's talking about moving to Louisiana and getting his Masters degree at LSU (his favorite team). Which I think would be AMAZING!

I'm really proud of all he has done and I cant wait for him to be able to get on with his life outside of the Marine Corps. But holy hell this is all so scary!

Good Luck, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

The bolded, why did you have to step in though? I mean, I can't imagine getting involved with my husbands job if there were problems, I would think that would make it worse.
  6. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post

The bolded, why did you have to step in though? I mean, I can't imagine getting involved with my husbands job if there were problems, I would think that would make it worse.

There were a lot of things that have led up to it. Including his LT. asking people who know us outside of work personal questions about us. Him and DH have never really gotten along so his LT seems to always be trying to get him in trouble and I had enough. Especially when he started missing therapy appts. because of his LT.

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

7. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post

ditto. but good luck
  8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkyLee View Post
    There were a lot of things that have led up to it. Including his LT. asking people who know us outside of work personal questions about us. Him and DH have never really gotten along so his LT seems to always be trying to get him in trouble and I had enough. Especially when he started missing therapy appts. because of his LT.
    So you HAD to step in? Yikes. Do you think they will listen to the wife?

Either way, hope everything works out for you guys!

life's a party, rock your body
  9. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    PL I hope he is able to move on into the next phase of his life. I know it's hard.
  10. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Pinky! You guys have been through so much. A new, fresh chapter might be really great...

www.SnarkyFit.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast