Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's got so many ideas.

1. Senior Member

He's got so many ideas.

Advertisements
    DB has so many different ideas about what he wants to do after his contract is up (in 5 years, mind you). This week alone: Staying in, private military contractor, teacher.

I'm so glad he likes to talk to me about this stuff but, MAN it makes me over analyze what our lifestyle will be like in over 5 years. I love his excitement and pondering but it's making me crazy also.

2. Senior Member
    he will figure it out closer to getting out DH did the same thing.

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katebugg07 View Post
    he will figure it out closer to getting out DH did the same thing.
    I'm so glad he sees the world as this giant opportunity but he's hopping around big time. Teacher and private military contractor are SO different. Haha. I'm not going to take him seriously for quite some time
  4. Senior Member
    DH wanted to reup, then be a cop, be an EMT, then own a gun range, then go to business school, now he wast to be a nurse (whice is close to what he did as a corpsman back in FL) we have 2 more yrs I will let you know what happens in 2 yrs

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Lol this is my DB to a tee and I won't lie it frustrates the hell out of me because I am the complete opposite. I need to know what goal we're working towards. He is a more live in the moment, let's deal with it when we get there kind of person.

He finally decided on the rate he wanted to strike for the other day so I guess I should be happy for small mercies...but he still make me want to pull my hair out sometimes! I just want to yell at him to pick something, stick with it and lets start working towards it! I am glad he joined the Navy though. It gives him something stable to do, while still having the flexibility to kind of test options out.

Although joining was also one of those I wanna do this...no I wanna do that things. He was joining the army for quite some time when we first got together, then one day he came over and was like no I decided the Navy is a better fit
  6. Senior Member
    Get ready for him to come up with about 10,000 more ideas before the time finally comes. DH has changed his mind about what he wants to do soooo many times in the last few years. Now that he has a few months left on his contract, he's finally settled on getting out and going to college for political science with the end goal of becoming a college professor. It's been an interesting ride getting here. I eventually just stopped trying to keep up with his mind changing and just waited until the time was close enough for it to really be a final decision.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Are you dating my husband? because seriously this is a daily thing in my household. Makes me want to rip my hair out!
  8. langsam langsam.
    langsam langsam.
    Yup sounds just like DF. Teacher, then government contracted ATC, then go officer, then ATC at a civilian terminal, then something way out of left field like truck driver. The whole time I sit there like WTF!? and wait for him to stop talking. He has about three years left on his contract so I guess we will see..

9. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Every week DH has a new idea about what he wants to do if he gets out in 4 years, ranging from staying in, enlisting into another branch, going back to school full time, becoming a fire fighter like his cousin, construction, etc. It makes me wanna pull my hair out at times.

10. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    get used to it! DH gets out in less than 2 months and he is still doing this. We are taking a lot of time to travel in between but he is really not sure what he wants to go to college for after we get back. He jumps around daily.

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast