Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Navy CWO

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Navy CWO

Advertisements
    Found out last week my DH was selected for CWO. He commissions April 2014. I'm just wondering what the process is like, the commission ceremony, schools, and orders? We want orders out of VA., but the day we found out, 6 commands here were calling him saying to call them when he is getting ready to commission. We're now thinking we may get stuck here. Also, he is a senior chief and CWO2 pay would be taking a pay cut. DH said there is paperwork he needs to fill out, forget what he called it, but it allows him to keep his current pay. Does anyone have experience with this?
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I don't understand how he would be taking a pay cut. Maybe I'm wrong, but CW02 should be more than a E-8.

2013 Military Pay Chart | US Military Pay Chart

ETA: NVM... I looked further down the pay chart. I get it now. (Duh, on my part!)
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't know. He was told it would be a pay cut. But it doesn't matter because there is paperwork he can fill out to keep his pay at the current amount until it would even out/be higher. I know BAH and BAS were brought up. That BAH is supposed to be less and while deployed he'll get BAS but have to pay for his meals. Other than that I'm not sure how they were figuring a pay cut.
  4. Senior Member
    He will be taking a pay cut. There are no processes in place to have a higher pay rate then what you rate (I also deal with pay). His BAH rate will be based off CWO2 as well. It stinks but think long term, he can do 30 more years the date of his commission and that's a lot longer then what a Senior Chief can do. Congratulations and hopefully he enjoys the new gig.
  5. You are here.
    You are here.
    congratulations....the ceremony was easy, you and maybe someone else of his choosing can pin on his CWO pins, but it was pretty simple, 20 minutes top. DH did LDO but went from E6 to ensign. He went to Rhode Island for a few weeks before we left for his new duty station. We found out his new orders pretty fast, like a year out from his school date.