Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: AF Intel Locations

  1. Senior Member
    Emmy's Avatar
    Emmy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,634
    #1

    AF Intel Locations

    Advertisements
    Specifically for 1N1X1.. I know this is a long shot.

    Anyone else out there?

    My husband has been in for 9 years and we've only PCSed once We've managed to stay in Germany for a while because we love it here. But we're coming up on the time where he has to update his dreamsheet when he re-enlists. How do you know what is available? We would LOVE to stay overseas. Doesn't have to be Germany, but just overseas. What are the chances of overseas-to-overseas?

    Any input is appreciated.
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Crystal's Avatar
    Crystal is offline
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."
    Posts
    53,548




    #2
    With the sensitive nature of the AFSC, I doubt that you'll get much response.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ol' Grey Mare's Avatar
    Ol' Grey Mare is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,646
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    With the sensitive nature of the AFSC, I doubt that you'll get much response.

    Your husband can find out what options he has via official channels.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Procella's Avatar
    Procella is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,983
    #4
    I think there is an open slot location list in the online profile thingie, but not sure though.
  5. Senior Member
    *Stephanie*'s Avatar
    *Stephanie* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    JBER; Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    16,315
    #5
    You may be forced to switch commands (USAFE to PACAF). I know they're really cracking down on the 8 year rule (DH was forced out of USAFE and into PACAF, he's hoping to go back to USAFE after AK).

    His EQUAL list for his DEROS will tell you what exactly OCONUS is open though.

    This is a bit outdated normally, but may give you an idea. Air Force Enlisted Assignment Locations - 1N1X1 - IMAGERY ANALYSIS
  6. Senior Member
    Emmy's Avatar
    Emmy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,634
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    With the sensitive nature of the AFSC, I doubt that you'll get much response.
    Seriously? I'm asking about location assignment. That's hardly top secret. We're in Germany, Italy, Korea, Japan, etc. That's what I'm asking about.
  7. Senior Member
    Emmy's Avatar
    Emmy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,634
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    You may be forced to switch commands (USAFE to PACAF). I know they're really cracking down on the 8 year rule (DH was forced out of USAFE and into PACAF, he's hoping to go back to USAFE after AK).

    His EQUAL list for his DEROS will tell you what exactly OCONUS is open though.

    This is a bit outdated normally, but may give you an idea. Air Force Enlisted Assignment Locations - 1N1X1 - IMAGERY ANALYSIS
    Thanks, I'll have to ask him about this. He doesn't know much about it either because like I said we only PCSed once and that was six years ago.
  8. Senior Member
    Sushi's Avatar
    Sushi is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,102

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    You may be forced to switch commands (USAFE to PACAF). I know they're really cracking down on the 8 year rule (DH was forced out of USAFE and into PACAF, he's hoping to go back to USAFE after AK).

    His EQUAL list for his DEROS will tell you what exactly OCONUS is open though.

    This is a bit outdated normally, but may give you an idea. Air Force Enlisted Assignment Locations - 1N1X1 - IMAGERY ANALYSIS
    Yep

    Its really surprising to me how many AF people don't now the assignment process, my DH included.

    He just needs to look in AMS when his assignment list drops (based of DEROS) and update his dream sheet. He can update it every day if he wants but it wont really matter unless he is in his assignment window.
  9. Senior Member
    Emmy's Avatar
    Emmy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,634
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Yep

    Its really surprising to me how many AF people don't now the assignment process, my DH included.

    He just needs to look in AMS when his assignment list drops (based of DEROS) and update his dream sheet. He can update it every day if he wants but it wont really matter unless he is in his assignment window.
    TY!
  10. Senior Member
    *Stephanie*'s Avatar
    *Stephanie* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    JBER; Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    16,315
    #10
    He should be able to ask people he works under if he's unsure. Some people give bad info though so be careful. Also certain assignments can fill up to 18 months out so it's good to have your list updated regardless (DH just updated his).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •