Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AF Intel Locations

1. Senior Member

AF Intel Locations

Advertisements
    Specifically for 1N1X1.. I know this is a long shot.

Anyone else out there?

My husband has been in for 9 years and we've only PCSed once We've managed to stay in Germany for a while because we love it here. But we're coming up on the time where he has to update his dreamsheet when he re-enlists. How do you know what is available? We would LOVE to stay overseas. Doesn't have to be Germany, but just overseas. What are the chances of overseas-to-overseas?

Any input is appreciated.
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

With the sensitive nature of the AFSC, I doubt that you'll get much response.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post

Your husband can find out what options he has via official channels.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think there is an open slot location list in the online profile thingie, but not sure though.
  5. Senior Member
    You may be forced to switch commands (USAFE to PACAF). I know they're really cracking down on the 8 year rule (DH was forced out of USAFE and into PACAF, he's hoping to go back to USAFE after AK).

His EQUAL list for his DEROS will tell you what exactly OCONUS is open though.

This is a bit outdated normally, but may give you an idea. Air Force Enlisted Assignment Locations - 1N1X1 - IMAGERY ANALYSIS
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Seriously? I'm asking about location assignment. That's hardly top secret. We're in Germany, Italy, Korea, Japan, etc. That's what I'm asking about.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    You may be forced to switch commands (USAFE to PACAF). I know they're really cracking down on the 8 year rule (DH was forced out of USAFE and into PACAF, he's hoping to go back to USAFE after AK).

This is a bit outdated normally, but may give you an idea. Air Force Enlisted Assignment Locations - 1N1X1 - IMAGERY ANALYSIS
    Thanks, I'll have to ask him about this. He doesn't know much about it either because like I said we only PCSed once and that was six years ago.
  8. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post

Yep

Its really surprising to me how many AF people don't now the assignment process, my DH included.

He just needs to look in AMS when his assignment list drops (based of DEROS) and update his dream sheet. He can update it every day if he wants but it wont really matter unless he is in his assignment window.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Yep

Its really surprising to me how many AF people don't now the assignment process, my DH included.

He just needs to look in AMS when his assignment list drops (based of DEROS) and update his dream sheet. He can update it every day if he wants but it wont really matter unless he is in his assignment window.
    TY!
  10. Senior Member
    He should be able to ask people he works under if he's unsure. Some people give bad info though so be careful. Also certain assignments can fill up to 18 months out so it's good to have your list updated regardless (DH just updated his).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast