Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SF Training

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

SF Training

Advertisements
    My DH is currently completing Airborne training, and will be going to do SF training next month.

For those of you who have a soldier who has gone through SF, what was the total time your soldier was gone during that beginning period? I know he has the 30 or so day training phase, then SFAS that lasts 3 weeks or so, but were those phases directly after one another? And was your soldier in holdover before they began the first 30 day phase and if so, for how long?

My soldier left 2 weeks ago for Airborne, and we were both surprised that he has another entire week before he even begins Airborne training---he has been in holdover for this entire time, which is frustrating for both of us because we assumed it would all be one thing after another and that he would be home by March!

Thanks you in advance for any information and help you can give me!
    Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have. Love doesn’t strut, Doesn’t have a swelled head, Doesn’t force itself on others, Isn’t always “me first,” Doesn’t fly off the handle, Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others, Doesn’t revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything,
    Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back,
    But keeps going to the end." 1 Corinthians 13
  2. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    No one here will say if they are an SF spouse or GF. For safety reasons. It is not something that is supposed to be announced. If you cannot google it then it is not public knowledge.

With hold overs in any training it is typically in processing which yes can take a while. It can even take a while for Basic training.

Here is some googled links for you.

Training | GoArmy.com

Army Special Forces Training | Military.com

United States Army Special Forces selection and training - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There has been a few posts of people asking about special forces here before and they just usually go unanswered because the spouses and gfs will not mark themselves as such. It protects them and their Soldiers.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012