Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PTS....

1. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries

Confused PTS.... *Update*

Advertisements
    DH is going to fill out his paperwork for his 5th look.

This makes me really, really nervous. He had finally made the decision to reenlist for 3 more years, and now, we have to wait to till the Navy gives him "Permission to serve"

I honestly don't think he will get approved. Specially since it took him a while to get E4.
    I feel like if anything is going to look bad on him, is that.

Here is my problem. I am just asking for the ones who have gone through something similar if you could share your experience, or any advice with me.

The results for his last look come out around March 15. The lease in our apartment is up in May. His last month in the Navy if he doesn't get approved will be in August. If we extend our contract for just 3 months it will cost us a whole bunch of money that we could otherwise be saving (since i have pretty good feeling we will be struggling a lot for money in the near future if he doesnt get approved). The thing is...that my daughter goes to kindergarten, and her last day of school is not until June. I don't want her to lose days of school, I am afraid this will make her repeat a year if we drive back to El Paso. .

What DH and I had come up with was that since we will know for sure by April 1st whether he will be able to reenlist or not, and since she starts spring break in april 1st, DH could drive to Texas with Anahi, and enroll her in school there and have her start there, so she wont really lose "education" or "School" time. My parents have agreed to watch her (take her to school, pick her up, and let her live with them) for the month of April, just until our apartment contract is up, then DH and I will move all our stuff down there, and he will fly back and live on the boat for the remainder of his contract.

Now that I am writing this out, I just asked myself, why not just move down there with Anahi in April? Rather than have my parents take her for a month? I have a full time job, so I think it's convenient for me to stay in my job for as long as possible so we could save as much as we can. But i am not sure which way to go.

What do you ladies think? any advice?

I have good news!!!

DH got his PTS approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is reenlisting for aqnother 3 years going for shore duty...so no deployments once he's officially on shore duty!
    Last edited by His Special One; 03-05-2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: update
    Distance Divas

2. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Hang in there. I know it's frustrating. It makes me so sad to watch so many sailors that want to serve getting put out . Did he elect to cross rate if allowed?

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  3. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    Hang in there. I know it's frustrating. It makes me so sad to watch so many sailors that want to serve getting put out . Did he elect to cross rate if allowed?
    Yes, I think he mentioned something like that, i'll have to ask him. He said that there's not many options out there. He is a DC.
    Distance Divas

4. Senior Member
    Can you just make your lease month to month and let her finish out the school year? I'd be worried more about her having to adjust to a new school with only a month or two left in the semester and being away from her parents for an extended period of time.
  5. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    Can you just make your lease month to month and let her finish out the school year? I'd be worried more about her having to adjust to a new school with only a month or two left in the semester and being away from her parents for an extended period of time.
    we could...but that would cost us 1800-1900 dollars per month.
    Distance Divas

6. Senior Member
    If/when someone gets out due to PTS, don't they get PCS orders? If so, would those be valid for breaking your lease via the military clause? If so, then you could sign a new lease but break it when you need to leave.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    If/when someone gets out due to PTS, don't they get PCS orders? If so, would those be valid for breaking your lease via the military clause? If so, then you could sign a new lease but break it when you need to leave.
    oh....i didnt' think of this!!!
    Distance Divas

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by His Special One View Post
    we could...but that would cost us 1800-1900 dollars per month.
    Won't you still be getting BAH and everything until he gets out? But Villanelle is right, you'll get PCS orders when he separates.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by His Special One View Post
    oh....i didnt' think of this!!!
    Confirm to make sure, but it seems to me like you'd have orders, and that's all you need to break the lease. I hope it works out for you so you have one less thing to worry about. Actually though, I hope your DH is approved so you don't have to deal with any of this.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  10. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    Won't you still be getting BAH and everything until he gets out? But Villanelle is right, you'll get PCS orders when he separates.
    Yes, but I doubt we can afford 1800 dollars extra just to extend the contract for only three months.

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Confirm to make sure, but it seems to me like you'd have orders, and that's all you need to break the lease. I hope it works out for you so you have one less thing to worry about. Actually though, I hope your DH is approved so you don't have to deal with any of this.
    Thank you! I really, really hope he gets approved.
    I will ask DH about the orders, cuz if it is like that, then we won't have to worry about breaking lease or paying extra or having DD transfer schools with only 3 months left. thank you!
    Distance Divas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast