Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passing the time

1. My Airman is kind of a big deal!
    My Airman is kind of a big deal!

Passing the time

Advertisements
    We watched our last 24 together last night and said our goodbyes. We got 6 whole days to pack up everything, it really was a crazy week. I know it's only 6 weeks but that doesn't change how much I miss him, but I know it's something I got get use to. So I was wondering what everyone does to pass the time. I see a lot of "just stay busy" comments, but what are some of the hobbies y'all like to do??
  2. Senior Member
    I love to read and do crafts, boring I know!! But when you are on bedrest you dont have alot of options.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I like scraping booking when my DF is gone, because then I get to go through and look at all our pictures as well as keeping busy making a project or something for him
  4. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    i, too, love scrapbooking .. i go running .. plus i like to write poetry n stuff, and letters to send to DB .. shopping - even buying little things for him all the time so i can send carepackages when hes feeling down .. hmm, i have movie nights with a few of my friends...
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    when dh was at bootcamp i worked out alot. i studied alot more too because i was in school. if you aren't in school go to a learning center type thing and take a class that interests you
  6. Hawaii girl
    Hawaii girl
    Since I'm currently still in school I'm on the yearbook comittee, vp of my senior class, school senate, and also in the prom comittee. That alone keeps me busy though as for hobbies, I do photography, play video games, and hang out with friends a whole lot. On top of all that I have school work so I guess that what I'm saying is that keeping urself busy does kinda help in my opinion.
  7. My Airman is kind of a big deal!
    My Airman is kind of a big deal!
    Thanks everyone. I was thinking of really learning how to cook. I would love to learn how to make a really good steak or maybe cheesecake, just some stuff to plump dh since he's only making weight by a pound.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorWife2B0620 View Post
    I like scraping booking when my DF is gone, because then I get to go through and look at all our pictures as well as keeping busy making a project or something for him
    OMG ... Scrapnook like crazy when DF is gone. Plus i work like crazy and focus on work and put in a lot of hours. So, it works cuz I make my boss pretty happy and keeps me busy. + I hang out with the girls downtown, sushi and such.
  9. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    I wrote a lot. A lot a lot. lol. Whatever you like, just go hobby-hunting. Take a class or something. Yoga? Salsa? Something fun..
  10. AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    Blog Entries
    I am taking a Pilates class right now. I'm really loving it, it makes me feel good. Scrapbooking is an amazing idea. You'll never get bored with that one. If you're in school, that should take up a good chunk of your time. Maybe get a job you think you might enjoy, go out with friends, collect things, make lots of care packages for DB...anything really. Take a road trip to somewhere cool.
    You don't choose your family...they are God's gift to you
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast