Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ALPO?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

ALPO?

Advertisements
    Has anyone ever heard of an Assistant LPO before? DH got "promoted" to one the other day and he said its just a made up position? lol is it really made up? has anyone's SO ever had that title before? I THINK they did this because the current LPO may be medically discharged and DH is next up for it so they just threw on that title?

either way I'm excited for him, I wish he was though.
  2. Senior Member
    Meaning a Assistant Lead Petty Officer?
  3. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

I would consider it kind of a made up position. He might get a little more responsibility as well. It's something to put on an eval, though.

I mean there is already (most-likely) his chief and then the LPO (who is like the chiefs assistant). So I guess an ALPO would be like an assistants assistant?
  4. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    A/LPO's are very common. especially in larger shops. If the LPO is not around, there needs to be someone else that can step in to make sure the troops are on task and taken care of. What he does with the position is up to him. It is a new level of responsibility and a chance for him to shine and work his way up to LPO. His leadership is working towards developing him for the next step.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

His chief has really been on him lately and has been really impressed with him so he gave him that title. Dh made it seem like his chief just made the position up lol. Apparently the LPO hasn't been doing a very good job so they felt the need to give him some help.
  6. Senior Member
    It is def a good thing to have under your belt. That means that the Chief and the Division Officer have seen enough out of your hubby that they trust him and know that he has the potential to lead. I wouldn't take the title of ALPO as a joke because this is a stepping stone to where he can shine even more. He just needs to remember to communicate his ideas and expectations as well.

Good job!!
  7. You are here.
    You are here.
    DH was one for awhile on the USS JFK, then was promoted to LPO when the LPO screwed up big time (ended up drunk near the airport in near Regency in Jax while naked....calling 911 and then calling the watch commander telling them that Jax SWAT was coming after him....)that was an interesting night, he ended up with a tarp walking up to the ship with the OIC shaking his head....