Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: MOS School & Leave

1. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

MOS School & Leave

Advertisements
    DB is at MOS school right now. He supposedly isn't starting classes until the middle of December because the school is backed up. He says he might be able to come home during Christmas even though he says he is in the negative regarding leave days. I'm very confused. Is it typical for Marines who are at MOS school and didn't go to the fleet yet to come home for Christmas or no? I'm just wondering. Thanks.
  2. Senior Member
    yes it is possible. Have him ask about coming home on recruiters assistance, he will work with the local recruiters office, but it is "free" leave. Also holidays like xmas and new years are 96s so technically he could fly/drive home for four days and not have it be chargeable leave

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  3. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by inmansgirl06 View Post
    yes it is possible. Have him ask about coming home on recruiters assistance, he will work with the local recruiters office, but it is "free" leave. Also holidays like xmas and new years are 96s so technically he could fly/drive home for four days and not have it be chargeable leave

Ok thanks! I'm going to talk to him tomorrow about this.
  4. Senior Member
    His big problem is going to be the fact that he is already is a negative leave status. It is much harder to get leave approved if you are already in the hole.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    From my experience, schools will take a break between christmas and new years. But this is also from my husbands schools. As far as "free" leave I know it as leave that you get when you stay within 3 hours away from your duty station. For instance my husband and I are stationed in Maryland, we will go to my parents house in Virginia that is 3 hours away. My husband will not be charged for christmas leave. But always check before getting too excited is my experience.
  6. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    His big problem is going to be the fact that he is already is a negative leave status. It is much harder to get leave approved if you are already in the hole.
    That what I was thought too. I guess we will have to wait and see. If his school is as backed up as the rumor is, he told me he might be eligible to come home on RA. That would be nice but I'm not getting my hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheswife View Post
    From my experience, schools will take a break between christmas and new years. But this is also from my husbands schools. As far as "free" leave I know it as leave that you get when you stay within 3 hours away from your duty station. For instance my husband and I are stationed in Maryland, we will go to my parents house in Virginia that is 3 hours away. My husband will not be charged for christmas leave. But always check before getting too excited is my experience.
    Interesting. I didn't know that. Unfortunately, he is in CA and I am way more than 3 hours away in NJ. Still, it's good information to know!

Thanks everyone for the helpful info!