Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PTS please help

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

PTS please help

Advertisements
    DH is going through PTS, so I have a few questions. How many looks total does a sailor receive? Is there a way to appeal if not picked up? I was looking at this: http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-np...ep%20Guide.pdf and it said that sailors only get 6 looks, but DH's LPO told him that he got 10? Please help, we're getting a bit nervous with all of this uncertainty.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

bump
    ​​​

Banned
    I wish I could help but I have no clue about this, as it is only something that really impacts the surface community.
  4. Regular Member
    I've never heard it being more than six? It may be a possibility though. Has he already started the process? My DH got his approval on his 2nd PTS but mostly because he said he was willing to cross rate. If your husbands rate is overmanned that may be something he might have to look into.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by MrsRichardson View Post
    I've never heard it being more than six? It may be a possibility though. Has he already started the process? My DH got his approval on his 2nd PTS but mostly because he said he was willing to cross rate. If your husbands rate is overmanned that may be something he might have to look into.
    He's on his fourth look. His rate is undermanned, he has a critical NEC, has never failed a PRT, very high ASVAB scores, he has all EPs except for his latest eval, which doesn't have a score since it was his "arrival" one at his ship, and he's an E-5, so he's on the "high" side of those being evaluated. He also has a "Good conduct" medal or whatever, since he has never been in any sort of trouble whatsoever.

All signs point to "pick him up for reenlistment"
    ​​​

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Anchored2aSailor View Post
    I wish I could help but I have no clue about this, as it is only something that really impacts the surface community.
    And thanks, yeah, we have no clue either. He's not getting clear answers to any of his questions and we're getting nervous. If bupers is right and it's 6 looks, he only has 3 more chances to get picked up. Which is scary, even though there's no logical reason that he WOULDN'T get picked up.
    ​​​

7. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    DH only got 6 looks. His was approved on the 5th look. Talk about a nerve wrecking 5 months (longer actually because we knew it was coming up, and was up for that other thing last year where like 3,000 were cut loose early. He went up for PTS like 2 months after that other one was over). I don't know about any appeals.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have no idea about any of this, but I bet you could use some hugs. So..

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBlue505 View Post
    DH only got 6 looks. His was approved on the 5th look. Talk about a nerve wrecking 5 months (longer actually because we knew it was coming up, and was up for that other thing last year where like 3,000 were cut loose early. He went up for PTS like 2 months after that other one was over). I don't know about any appeals.
    Do you know if he was submitted at 12 months out? Or 15 months? DH's folks stupidly submitted him at 15 months out, so his SEAOS is not as high as it should be. His career counselor is a totally clueless shitbag, so he has no idea about anything DH has asked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    I have no idea about any of this, but I bet you could use some hugs. So..

Thanks, Kat We both definitely need them right now.
    ​​​

10. Regular Member
    I'm sorry I dont know any more about it but for some reason my husband submitted his WAY earlier than 15 months? It's closer to 20?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast