Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assault Charge?

1. Regular Member

Assault Charge?

Advertisements
    I have always heard the sayings about the military wives actions reflecting upon their soldier/marine/sailor/airman is this really true? If a woman is being charged with assault (not went to court yet) will it affect her husbands career?

BTW This is not me
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Depends on his job. If he has a high security clearance (like a Top Secret), possibly.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. Senior Member
    If the assault happened on base it would more likely affect his career than if it was off base as well.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Depends on his job. If he has a high security clearance (like a Top Secret), possibly.
    As long as there isn't a security clearance involved and it isn't affecting his job it shouldn't be a big deal unless it the assault charge was domestic related. Every command is different though and someone might get their panties in a bunch. I wouldn't stress about it and keep it to myself personally, not lie about it or anything if someone asks but not go running up confessing my personal business.
  5. Regular Member
    Thanks, It happened on military property (base housing/off base) so the MA's were involved as well as the local city police. The city is the one pressing the charges so I was just curious as to if anything would happen. I know that his command was contacted about the assault but unsure of what if anything else would happen.
  6. Senior Member
    In theory, she might lose base privileges. I don't know how that works when you live on base, but I do know that if you can't play nice on base, you can lose the ability to take advantage of the privilege.

Beyond that, nothing can directly happen to his career, but having a train wreck of a wife can definitely affect the way people see someone, and therefore indirectly have career implications.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Senior Member
    Even with a security clearance it shouldn’t impact him career wise. (other than as villanelle said) I know a wife who got in a fist fight at the Exchange, had charges pressed, ect., and her dh is now pretty high up there and has a high security clearance.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach View Post
    Even with a security clearance it shouldn’t impact him career wise. (other than as villanelle said) I know a wife who got in a fist fight at the Exchange, had charges pressed, ect., and her dh is now pretty high up there and has a high security clearance.
    yes, unless their are bigger issues at play, I don't think one assault charge would have any effect at all on a security clearance. Anger management issues for your spouse don't make you more likely to sell government secrets.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    yes, unless their are bigger issues at play, I don't think one assault charge would have any effect at all on a security clearance. Anger management issues for your spouse don't make you more likely to sell government secrets.
    Yep, and she still has anger issues.....though more controlled these days. Would never want to be on her bad side for sure!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Well, my wife has always told me that if I get a speeding ticket on base, her CO brings her in for a lecture. Dependents on base are the responsibility of the sponsor.

But as everyone else has said, very dependent on facts.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast