Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question

1. Senior Member

Question

Advertisements
    Hey Ladies,

Dh has been gone to navy rtc since 1/9. I was just wondering if anyone knew when I might get a call from him? I have gotten 2 letters, but I really just want to hear his voice.

Thanks!!!
  2. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    It's really hard to say if/when they'll get phone calls, it's up to the discretion of their recruit division commander (RDC). When I went through, we got one phone call at the beginning to our parents (2 minutes), and then we didn't get another one until graduation. One thing is for certain...when he does call, it'll be a marvelous surprise for you

That's definately one thing the navy is good for...surprise phone calls
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  3. Senior Member
    Well, the day he left they told me he would get the 2 minute phone call and I never got it
  4. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Maybe he called his parents They're pretty overwhelming, and it was more than a little scary
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  5. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Quote Originally Posted by CassieR1202 View Post
    Well, the day he left they told me he would get the 2 minute phone call and I never got it
    He probably had to call his parents. DH had to call his mom even though we were married!! It was more like 30 sec than 2 min! He only had a chance to tell his mom he was there & safe.

Becca is right, its hard to say when he will call! I got 2 phone calls a month & atleast 3 phone calls the week before grad. DH was on the honor guard & the RDC let him sneek in a phone call when they went to do opening ceremonies for a race & a baseball game!

6. seanswife32
    My DH left on Oct. 3rd and his first phone call (besides the "I'm safe" call) was on Oct. 25th. Then there was another like 3 week wait and after that he got to call more often...a few times the week of graduation! Hope you hear from him soon!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My hubby is here Great Lakes as an RDC and it all depends on the RDCs he gets. My hubby makes sure when he picks up new recruits they get their phone call but not all are like that. After that it depends on when they have time. They have alot of training to get done so there isn't alot of time for phone calls. I hope you hear from him soon. Good Luck.
  8. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    My hubby is here Great Lakes as an RDC and it all depends on the RDCs he gets. My hubby makes sure when he picks up new recruits they get their phone call but not all are like that. After that it depends on when they have time. They have alot of training to get done so there isn't alot of time for phone calls. I hope you hear from him soon. Good Luck.
    My DH was an RDC also