Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ROTC Intructor?

1. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas

ROTC Intructor?

Advertisements
    So in 2 years MF is set to leave active duty. He will have to then do 4 years either in the reserves or on a B Billet. One of the options is to go to a school and be an ROTC instructor...has anyone done this or thinking about doing this? Does anyone have any info on how competitive it is, how you know what school you will be at etc..? Any info would be great!
  2. Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure the school is whatever you're ordered to, just like a regular "duty station." Like a duty station, I don't know how much say you get in selecting the school specifically. I honestly don't know how competitive cadre positions are, but I can ask DH if you want
  3. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by MS234755 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the school is whatever you're ordered to, just like a regular "duty station." Like a duty station, I don't know how much say you get in selecting the school specifically. I honestly don't know how competitive cadre positions are, but I can ask DH if you want
    That would be wonderful! MF is saying that he thinks they are allowed to ask for specific schools and they try but there is no promise, kind of like duty stations. He would do ROTC if he wanted to get his masters after duty. I dont know how I feel about it TBH... Can I ask how pay is doing ROTC? Is it just like active duty pay based on rank and such?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    x
    Last edited by AshyMinx; 10-09-2013 at 10:55 AM.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    That would be wonderful! MF is saying that he thinks they are allowed to ask for specific schools and they try but there is no promise, kind of like duty stations. He would do ROTC if he wanted to get his masters after duty. I dont know how I feel about it TBH... Can I ask how pay is doing ROTC? Is it just like active duty pay based on rank and such?
    Ok, I'll ask him the next time we get to chat From what I understand, it's like a duty station with regular pay.
  6. Senior Member
    We had a friend who did it, though he was active duty. He seemed to enjoy it. He was able to select the area he was in, but there was very special circumstances (an extremely ill wife) so I don't know if that is the norm.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Senior Member
    I thought ROTC instructor billets are very competitive active duty assignments.
  8. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Thanks everyone! Its deffo given us something to think about, and given MF a better perspective!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    x
    Last edited by AshyMinx; 10-09-2013 at 10:55 AM.