Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: lat move / changing MOS - questions!

1. Senior Member

lat move / changing MOS - questions!

Advertisements
    So DH has decided since he wants to reenlist he wants to do a Lat Move to change his MOS. right now he is looking at Aviation Mechanics. and from what the career counselor told us, the schooling is a year long in florida, but we are stationed in 29 palms (ca). Does anyone know if they would move us both there as one of those "TAD En Route" moves since he would get new orders during school? or would they keep me here, and pay us separation for 12 months, just to bring him back, and then move all our stuff to whatever new duty station they send him to?

the career counselor is kind of an idiot and just goes "uhh i dont know" whenever we ask him questions so i figured id ask and see if any of you had experience with this
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

2. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    M did this at the end of his first enlistment. He was a musician - instrumentalist. He lat moved into the intel field. His school was 3 months so there wasn't a PCS. Schools that are 6+ months you have the option to PCS.
    Pax, Aeon
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
    M did this at the end of his first enlistment. He was a musician - instrumentalist. He lat moved into the intel field. His school was 3 months so there wasn't a PCS. Schools that are 6+ months you have the option to PCS.
    awesome. his will be at least a year long, and he will be up for new orders anyway since what hes changing to, they dont have at our base here. so i really hope we can go together
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!