Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: hello

1. luvmysailor06

hello

Advertisements
    hey,
    my bf is in the great lakes for basic training for the navy and in his letters he talks about battle stations. can anyone explain to me what that is.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmysailor06 View Post
    hey,
    my bf is in the great lakes for basic training for the navy and in his letters he talks about battle stations. can anyone explain to me what that is.
    From what I know it is a simulation of the USS Cole attack and trains them to do damage control on the ship and etc. He will not be able to tell you until he is out of basic training for whatever reason.
  3. EmilieS
    BATTLE STATIONS IS THE FINAL TEST FOR BOOTCAMP. IT IS AN EVOLUTION LASTING ALL NIGHT ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE GRADUATION. EVERYONE IS UP ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT. BATTLE STATIONS IS A SERIES OF TESTS MORE LIKE OBSTACLE COURSES IF THAT HELPS. IN THE MORNING AFTER THE LAST EVOLUTION THERE IS A HAT CEREMONY SWITCHING THE RECRUIT BALL CAP FOR THE NAVY BALL CAP THEN A BIG BREAKFAST FOR EVERYONE.
  4. Bigmammajohns
    Hi, if you go to [URL="http:///www.nsgreatlakes.navy.mil/"]
    the website for great lakes and go to the recruit training command section and then go to the family section then it explains many of the things that they will be going through. It may answer alot of questions you have and explain what he puts in his letters, Monica
  5. Senior Member
    Hi there!

Nick graduated bc over a year ago but he actually enjoyed battle stations He said he felt good to actually put what they've learned to some use.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥