Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Navy Recruiting Duty

1. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries

Navy Recruiting Duty

Advertisements
    Anyone's husband/wives do this? Hubby and I are up to start selecting orders and he's been wanting to do recruiting duty in Michigan. I'm curious to see what the process is and how much they work? Or any other tips or help you can give would be wonderful.

Thanks!!
    Mommy to Gavin and Tristan
    Wife to Nick.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

MY honest opinion. DONT DO IT! BUT it is different in each area as well. MY dh HATES HATES HATES Recruiting duty and we even KNEW it was going to be a difficult job too.

Hours are effing terrible... right now he works from 9am to 7,8,9 even 10 at night. Normally Monday thru Saturday( lately they have had a few Saturdays off).

Moral is LOW LOW LOW LOW here.

Trying to make quotas with all the restrictions they put on you can be a task.

Lets just say you have to be one hell of a salesman in order to do this job!

LIKE I SAID...IMHO for HERE recruiting duty is terrible(dh can't wait to get away). But from what I have heard in other areas or even here some have had a better experience.

Its just what you want it to be really. My dh has busted his ass for this command and he gets nothing but flak from just about everyone.

This has been the hardest 3 years EVER on our relationship! Id rather him be deployed for a year.

I do have to say a few good things though:

He is home just about every night and this command has been decent with giving him time off when needed( for my surgeries and when my grandparents died).
  3. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries
    Wow! Thanks!!

I also posted on another site and the girls there said the same thing.. man.. I'll be forwarding these along to the hubby.

I think that he wants to do it because he wants to be close to his parents in MI. There may be other reasons, but, that's the main one he's said.. I'll have to grill him some more.
    Wife to Nick.
  4. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by froglove View Post
    MY honest opinion. DONT DO IT! BUT it is different in each area as well. MY dh HATES HATES HATES Recruiting duty and we even KNEW it was going to be a difficult job too.

Hours are effing terrible... right now he works from 9am to 7,8,9 even 10 at night. Normally Monday thru Saturday( lately they have had a few Saturdays off).

Moral is LOW LOW LOW LOW here.

Trying to make quotas with all the restrictions they put on you can be a task.

Lets just say you have to be one hell of a salesman in order to do this job!

LIKE I SAID...IMHO for HERE recruiting duty is terrible(dh can't wait to get away). But from what I have heard in other areas or even here some have had a better experience.

Its just what you want it to be really. My dh has busted his ass for this command and he gets nothing but flak from just about everyone.

This has been the hardest 3 years EVER on our relationship! Id rather him be deployed for a year.

I do have to say a few good things though:

He is home just about every night and this command has been decent with giving him time off when needed( for my surgeries and when my grandparents died).
    Did you get to choose where you wanted to do it at?
    Wife to Nick.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by JustMrsJoann View Post
    Wow! Thanks!!

I also posted on another site and the girls there said the same thing.. man.. I'll be forwarding these along to the hubby.

I think that he wants to do it because he wants to be close to his parents in MI. There may be other reasons, but, that's the main one he's said.. I'll have to grill him some more.

Yeah that is the MAIN reason why my dh did it too. Was to be close to his family(yet we are still an hour away from them, which works for me ). But he also thought it was going to be a great career move for him... now he is regretting his choice.

If he could of left early he would have. ALOT of people in this area are trying to pcs outta here.

I do know that even if you chose the hometown you want to recruit in does not mean you will get that place.

You will get assigned to a recruiting district/command and then basically put you where they need you( that is how its done at this command).
  6. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by froglove View Post
    Yeah that is the MAIN reason why my dh did it too. Was to be close to his family(yet we are still an hour away from them, which works for me ). But he also thought it was going to be a great career move for him... now he is regretting his choice.

If he could of left early he would have. ALOT of people in this area are trying to pcs outta here.

I do know that even if you chose the hometown you want to recruit in does not mean you will get that place.

You will get assigned to a recruiting district/command and then basically put you where they need you( that is how its done at this command).

Yeah, he's thinking that if he selects Michigan, that he'll get it..
    There's times where I'd rather just fly to visit his parents than to deal with this.. I know that we're up to start selecting June 8th, we'll see then.
    Wife to Nick.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Dh originally wanted Lincoln, Ne because that is closeish to his parents and he knew the city. But the office there was full so they pulled some strings and stuck him in an office in omaha( but they moved him to an office right over the border into Iowa).

Hes lucky they didnt give him Bismark, ND or somewhere up near Minneapolis where the command is.

Now the command we are in covers several states. Nebraska, Iowa, North Dakota, Minnesota( I think).

It's all crazy.

Anyways Good luck on selecting orders soon.

Dh just put in his request for orders last week. We will know next month what he got.
  8. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries
    How long has he been doing it?

I just sent DH a email and asked him to give more reasons as to why he wants to do this... I won't get his response until tomorrow since he's a day ahead of us almost.
    Wife to Nick.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

He checked into this command December of 07. So almost 3 years now... Will be so much better once he is at a new duty station( even though we won't be going with him... BUT I think it will help our relationship).

I was told that Recruiting Duty has one of the highest divorce rates in the military.
  10. Senior Member
    Do recruiters get penalized for not making quotas?

GetSafeScents.com
    Now with even easier requirements to be a Scentsy Consultant!
    Thrifty Scentsy Tips | Join Scentsy| Jan is BBMB Month! | Grace Adele- 10% off this month!
    Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00 (those are zeros, not O's ) | PM me with your email for invite to new COACH Factory website!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast