Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Warrant Officers?

1. Regular Member

Confused Warrant Officers?

Advertisements
    My SO was just accepted to the Warrant Officer program. He's also going to be going to flight school in Ft Rucker. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have found that it's not very common. He's also not active duty so this will be quite a transition.

Thanks for any info!!!
  2. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *skittles* View Post
    no but I might stalk this...dh is going to put in his packet in a few months once one of his superiors gets back from afghanistan. He's a linguist though so I think he wants to put in his packet to be the linguist type warrant officer.

What are the major differences between warrant officers and regular officers?
    I think the biggest difference is that you don't need a 4-year degree. I'm pretty sure WO's are also more specialized. Good luck to your hubby!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    warrant officers are officers that teaches skills..does that make sense? You are still officer and still have to conduct yourself as an officer..just different rank...
    I do know that being a warrant officer is like being in a brotherhood.
    Dh just went through Ft Rucker and he survived his first phase..now he's going for his second phase...
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by *skittles* View Post
    I think as you move through the warrant officer ranks you do need to eventually achieve a four year degree as well...am I correct?

I am hoping he gets picked up. It will suck for me since we just got here and I have a job, but he's coming up on his 13 years soon..so its now or never lol.
    Yes as you move up in your rank, you have to show that you are getting a degree and ofcourse achieve it...To be a WO2..you jsut need to be a WO1 for 2 years. But to be a WO3, you have to show awards, degree, etc to move up.
    It all depends on what MOS he is applying. I know with Dh there was alot of opening and it was easy for him to get accepted. Good luck with your Dh. I hope he gets it.