Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Marine training?

1. Senior Member

Question Marine training?

Advertisements
    So last night my bff told me he's enlisting in the marines. My db is in Iraq for the army and my friends bf just got ou of bct training for the army so I can pretty much do army bct with my eyes closed but I'm completely clueless on marine training. Idk even if it's called basic. Can any marine SO's fill me in on what it's like, what to expect, or even where he'll go for training? I feel soo lost
  2. Banned
    Banned
    It's Boot Camp for marines. Usually lasts about 3 months. Either will be at MCRD San Diego, CA or MCRD Parris Island, SC. Officer school is in Quantico, VA.

More info can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...cruit_Training

If you have any other specific questions I can try my best to help.
  3. Melissa
    Melissa
    I see that you are in Chicago so that means he will be going to MCRD in San Diego for boot camp which is 3 months long. Then they have a family day and graduation and then 10 days leave. Then he probably will go to MCT (marine combat training) at Camp Pendleton which is 1 month long. Then it depends on what job they are going for. My DB is going for communications, working with computers and all that (not sure of the official name) so he is at 29 Palms, Ca right now.
  4. Senior Member
    There is two different place that they can go, like said above.
    After they're done with Boot they'll come home for about 10 days after that they have already have it arranged if they'll be doing RA (recruiters assistance) Then if they will go to Camp Pendleton for Infantry Training. Then they will be sent to one of the locations in the Eastern United States for their school for their job, once thats done they get their Permanent Duty Station where they will be stationed for the next couple of years.
  5. Senior Member
    Thanks for all your knowledge! It helps I feel so clueless. and I'm relaying all the info to my friend and he appreciates it a lot too
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I agree with the other ladies. Boot camp is 13 weeks here is a list of what they will be doing at MCRD San Diego. Its called a training matrix..I liked seeing what they were doing each day.

http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/RTR/Copy%...Matrix%201.htm

Then after that, depending on his MOS, he will go to SOI (School of Infantry) it has two different sections. MCT (Marine Corp Training) or ITB (Infantry Training Battalion). MCT is for non-infantry MOS's and ITB is for infantry MOS's.

MCT is a month and ITB 2 months.

Then he will go to his MOS school which all are located at different bases.

Do you know what his MOS is yet?