Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marine Security Forces?

1. Regular Member

Marine Security Forces?

Advertisements
    Hey all! My husband is a corpsman and we have been stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC for the past two years. He just recieved verbal orders to report to FMF training in May and then onto Marine Security Forces (FAST deployment?) in August in Norfolk. I know the FMF training has been done totally out of order but we were kinda expecting it.

Anyway, I digress. My question is has anyone ever had a SO in the Marine Security Forces? If so can you please tell me what it's like, how the deployments are and so on and so forth. I am really clueless about how this is gonna go since we definately weren't expecting this. Thanks soo much in advance!
  2. ...
    My husband just came from security forces. He had the opportunity to go FAST, but chose not to. So I guess im no help.
  3. Regular Member
    No it is helpful! I didn't know they could choose to go or not to go FAST! Thank you.
  4. ...
    Well when he joined he was given the option I think.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DH was going to do Security Forces but hurt his back in MCT. Security forces is a 5 year contract if you choose that MOS when you enlist. That is all I know about Security Forces.
  6. ...
    Dh had training for a year, then two years at Bangor, and now he's finishing the last years of this contract in an Infantry unit.
  7. Regular Member
    Hmmm...maybe the five year thing is different if you are a corpsman. As far as I know we will be spending the rest of this first term in the military (till 2012) in Norfolk.

There isn't really much online when you google marine security force either. Oh well, I guess if anything I will figure it out as I go along lol. Thanks ladies!
  8. bend...and snap!
    bend...and snap!
    Security forces is a b billet, not a primary mos. My husband enlisted for security forces and he only had a 4 year contract.

Anyway, FAST is interesting. They get a lot of training - most of them go through close quarters battle school. I think they're trained sort of like a SWAT team. I know they deploy, whereas most security force units are non deployable.
  9. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Roboto View Post
    Security forces is a b billet, not a primary mos. My husband enlisted for security forces and he only had a 4 year contract.

Anyway, FAST is interesting. They get a lot of training - most of them go through close quarters battle school. I think they're trained sort of like a SWAT team. I know they deploy, whereas most security force units are non deployable.
    Where was your husband at when he was security forces? Dh was happy to be at Bangor, he heard not so good things about Kings Bay.
  10. bend...and snap!
    bend...and snap!
    K bay and he loved it. I've always heard bad things about Bangor. That place is the suicide capital of the Marine Corps! But one of his friends th he listed wt was in FAST.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast