Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Joining myself (not sure where to put this)

1. No more marines! :)
    No more marines! :)

Help Joining myself (not sure where to put this)

Advertisements
    Not sure where to put this.

I have a question on how to tell my DH. He is ok if I join the military when a while back and for certain circumstances I didn't enlist I wanted to finish school.

Well Im thinking about joining the navy. I compared Air force or Navy; I found for me the navy would be better. I was intrested in officer route. I didn't think I could or whatever. I talked to a recruiter today. He said my best bet was to become an officer. He told me alot of the programs are still open. I have 82 college credits. So I only have about 1-2 years to getting my bach. He said since I have soo many credits already that I would qulify for the programs such as the navy will pay me to go to school for that last year to get my bach and go to OCS while going to school. If not Im fine with enlisting. I really would like medical but of course its a hard job to get right now in the navy.

Anyway; Im not making any decisions on actually commiting to this till I talk to my DH. His eas date is nov 2010; so he will be getting out. He said in the past that we will be able to make through this and he supports whatever makes me happy. So generally I would like to make plans soon. My husband is currently deployed; I decided Im might have to talk to him soon about. I decided next time he gets on the webcam; (he is on a ship so it would be next liberty port) nice relaxed time. What along the lines should I tell him?
    "I happen to like nice men" "I'm nice" "No you're not, you're..." (He kisses her)
  2. What? There's something behind me?
    What? There's something behind me?
    If he is okay with it, then you will probably be fine. Just tell him your options and what you are thinking about doing. You have supported him all this time, I am sure he will support you. Good luck with it!
  3. Senior Member
    i am former Marine- let me know if you have any questions. I was thinking about going officer route myself, but decided it wasnt for me
    you have to think about family life too, if you want any kids, etc
  4. No more marines! :)
    No more marines! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by jab79 View Post
    i am former Marine- let me know if you have any questions. I was thinking about going officer route myself, but decided it wasnt for me
    you have to think about family life too, if you want any kids, etc
    alright thank you!!
    "I happen to like nice men" "I'm nice" "No you're not, you're..." (He kisses her)
  5. Senior Member
    be honest and open about what both of what you want in life. My hubby is in now, and he knows im very serious about joining myself. after we talked about it he was very open and supportive of my want to do it. feel that both of us being honest and opend worked best
    With Much Love,Melissa

and spent most of it apart
  6. Always & Forever
    Always & Forever
    If he is okay with it that is awesome!! I found a thing where I could get in as an O-4 (through my college after I graduated which I have) and mine said absolutely not :/

It is probably for the best anyways! I hope you are able to do what is absolutely bets for you!!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNavysGirl View Post
    If he is okay with it that is awesome!! I found a thing where I could get in as an O-4 (through my college after I graduated which I have) and mine said absolutely not :/

It is probably for the best anyways! I hope you are able to do what is absolutely bets for you!!
    What program allows one to enter the military as an O4? Even physicians and lawyers only start as an O3.
  8. Senior Member
    The medical field is not hurting to get into. They are so undermanned and have a high need for Officer.