Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: confused

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

confused

Advertisements
    Hi every one. I am an Army husband and wondering when we will find out where we will be stationed? Will we know during OCS or not till Branch training? I would appreciate any knowledge one may have to share. Also if there are any other Army husbands I would really like to know what life will be like for me? Thank you
  2. ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    I have no idea so just wanted to for you.

Loves her Beautiful Wifey, Liegh.

KennyB = Greatness!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I believe branch training. I don't see why it'd be that different for you than an Army wife other than being the minority at spouse events.
  4. His Sunshine
    His Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by GomezJ View Post
    Hi every one. I am an Army husband and wondering when we will find out where we will be stationed? Will we know during OCS or not till Branch training? I would appreciate any knowledge one may have to share. Also if there are any other Army husbands I would really like to know what life will be like for me? Thank you
    Hey, I'm unsure if I am too late. It should be posted on his AKO/Army email.
    "We should not let our fears hold us back from pursing our hopes." -JFK
    "I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it." -Marilyn Monroe

Our first and everlasting hug on March 27, 2005.
  5. his_meganina
    his_meganina
    Hi! Sorry if I'm late to the game...but just thought I would throw my two cents in. My SO is graduating OCS in 3 weeks. Follow on orders depend on if you are College-op or prior service or what. He is College Op. They branched week 6, he knows where he is going to OBC for BOLC B (He got Field Arty so Sill it is!) For the prior service candidates alot of them have follow on orders, some do not. I think it's kind of luck of the draw. Also, since BOLC II has been cancelled and rolled into BOLC B, alot of dates and locations are getting switched around. Because of this change, he will actually be snowbirding until next March at Fort Sill until his FAOBC class starts! Then it's 5 months of training there, so they are actually PCS-ing him to Sill instead of TDY. We have also heard, that the expected cycle fail rate for FA and Armor is high, so they wait to give you follow on orders to your unit until it looks like you're going to pass. So basically, more than likely you won't know where you will be stationed until you get to the BOLC B location (due to class times lining up with follow on units that need her particular branch), but you make luck out and see them pop up on her AKO.

Just take it one day at a time. And even if you do get her orders to PCS, they could change at any time. (Especially with the BOLC II cancellation) Good luck, and please PM me if you have any questions or need any OCS info or anything!!
    Last edited by coblueeyes2116; 10-27-2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: grammar
    "No matter what you do, ALWAYS keep moving forward."

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by coblueeyes2116 View Post
    Hi! Sorry if I'm late to the game...but just thought I would throw my two cents in. My SO is graduating OCS in 3 weeks. Follow on orders depend on if you are College-op or prior service or what. He is College Op. They branched week 6, he knows where he is going to OBC for BOLC B (He got Field Arty so Sill it is!) For the prior service candidates alot of them have follow on orders, some do not. I think it's kind of luck of the draw. Also, since BOLC II has been cancelled and rolled into BOLC B, alot of dates and locations are getting switched around. Because of this change, he will actually be snowbirding until next March at Fort Sill until his FAOBC class starts! Then it's 5 months of training there, so they are actually PCS-ing him to Sill instead of TDY. We have also heard, that the expected cycle fail rate for FA and Armor is high, so they wait to give you follow on orders to your unit until it looks like you're going to pass.

Just take it one day at a time. And even if you do get her orders to PCS, they could change at any time. (Especially with the BOLC II cancellation) Good luck, and please PM me if you have any questions or need any OCS info or anything!!
    When was BOLC II canceled?

I just goggled and saw it was stopped the end of FY09 so within the last couple weeks. Fantastic news since I'm not leaving for basic until next fall.
  7. his_meganina
    his_meganina
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Ski View Post
    When was BOLC II canceled?

I just goggled and saw it was stopped the end of FY09 so within the last couple weeks. Fantastic news since I'm not leaving for basic until next fall.

Yep great news huh?! The official announcement came down last week, and the last BOLC II class date is beginning of november this year! The new change is that after OCS it is BOLC B (3 weeks longer than BOLC III, basically II and III rolled together)
    "No matter what you do, ALWAYS keep moving forward."