Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Special Forces

1. Proud Army Wife
    Proud Army Wife

Question Special Forces

Advertisements
    DB is going into Special Forces training in a little over a week. I think he will be going through the selection process. Does anybody know how long this lasts and if they are allowed to communicate at all? He said he most likely won't be able to at all, but I just wanted to see what someone else has to say. Do they get to come home after selection? Also if any of you have a SO in Special Forces, what is the lifestyle like? Is it just like any other Army job?

Thanks

2. Regular Member
    Hunter Army Airfied, Fort Bragg in Nov '09
    My husband went through SFAS in July. He called me for the first couple days and then that was it until the day before he came home.

It is probably going to be one of the roughest 3 weeks of his life to be honest. DH came home with bruises everywhere, numb fingers, etc.

But he made it.. about 40 out of 350 did. Then he went to airborne school and we are set to leave for bragg for about a week. Depending on his MOS, SFQC (special forces qualification course) takes 1-2 years. Which is again ROUGH! The good part is after that, you get a PERMANENT duty station..so no more moving around!! He can be stationed in either NC, KY, CO, WA or FL. There is also a group in Germany but it seems to fill up quick (from what I've been told).

I have reasearched the shit out of SF lol.. so if you have any questions PM me.. if he has any questions, you can ask too and my husband will answer for you all!!
    Hope this helps!!
  3. Proud Army Wife
    Proud Army Wife
    thanks- that is very helpful! So, the training is 3 weeks for selection? How long was your husband able to come home after? And was it right after selection? If my DB makes it he wants to go into medic which is the longest training I think. He is at Airborne right now, so I'm not sure what will happen after if he makes it!

4. Regular Member
    Hunter Army Airfied, Fort Bragg in Nov '09
    Ya he came right home after..back to his unit. Then you just wait until they set up a time to get you into sfqc.

medic is the longest and hardest!!

tell him good luck!! its definitely a HUGE challenge..let us know how he does
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Special Forces

Was just looking at the clanforge site to see if there was any news on the patch and Special Forces expansion with regards to our server and read this...