Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: When/How do we get orders?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

When/How do we get orders?

Advertisements
    I don't know if this is really the place to put this, but it seemed like the best place for my question. I've put off asking this because I wasn't sure if anyone would really know or if everyone would think I'm totally stressing over nothing, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me.

My DH was approved for a lateral move to a different job and he reenlisted on Monday. Since it's a lat move, we didn't get to pick our location, so we don't know where we'll go. His career planner told him he would get new orders within 30 days or so, but my question is: HOW do we get the orders? I've heard of "web orders" but he doesn't know what that is. All of his orders have been handed to him.

If you reenlist in the same MOS, you at least know where you'll be usually (if you got to pick), but we have no idea where we'll end up, and I'm just an impatient person. Just wanted to know if anyone has experience with how long orders take after a reenlistment and how we actually get them (i.e. handed to him, marine online, some other way...)?

2. bend...and snap!
    bend...and snap!
    Aren't web orders available on MOL? Or maybe they are emailed to your military email address?

Does he have a new MOS school to go to? B/c when my dh lat moved he got his orders to school, and didn't get duty station orders until he was at the school.

But it might depend what the new MOS is and how long the school is and all that.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It's not a school. It's on the job the training. See... this is WHY we're confused. We don't know if he's going to stay at Pendleton to train and THEN get PCS orders or whether he will get PCS orders and then train at the new location.

How long did it take for you husband to get his school orders? And how did he get them? Were the web orders?

4. bend...and snap!
    bend...and snap!
    Ok, my dh said he has no idea how long your dh's orders will take (obviously).

This is what he said about the web orders:
    "He gets them from his admin shop or career planner. Usually your unit needs to assign you permission to have access to web orders."

I hope that helped relieve a little bit of confusion.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Okay cool... thanks for asking your husband! So I'll just keep having him ask his career planner then.

6. Senior Member
    I'll ask my hubby for you.

Deployment Survivor:
    09.24.08-10.17.09