Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warrant Officer// Flying a Helicopter ?!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Duh Warrant Officer// Flying a Helicopter ?!

Advertisements
    We were wanting to get orders to germany so we could see the world so DH asked if we could request orders and we cant request orders for Germany for another year because we haven't been at this base long enough. How ever my DH has decided he wants to drop a warrant packet and fly a helicopter...

Right now he is human resources... a helicopter.... I dont know if i can handle him in an helicopter and getting deployed...

Should i tell him no? but he really wants to do it... it would be selfish of me to say no.... but that really worries me...

I dont care enough about Germany to have him take us there get deployed and get shot down or ... eh...

any advice?
  2. Rockin' a rock
    Rockin' a rock
    My DF is a helicopter pilot. I don't really think about it, that's just his job and he loves it.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndkallbreier View Post
    We were wanting to get orders to germany so we could see the world so DH asked if we could request orders and we cant request orders for Germany for another year because we haven't been at this base long enough. How ever my DH has decided he wants to drop a warrant packet and fly a helicopter...

Right now he is human resources... a helicopter.... I dont know if i can handle him in an helicopter and getting deployed...

Should i tell him no? but he really wants to do it... it would be selfish of me to say no.... but that really worries me...

I dont care enough about Germany to have him take us there get deployed and get shot down or ... eh...

any advice?
    I would never persuade my husband to not follow his dream. Sure, flying a helicopter is scary in itself, but if it makes him happy, why not?

I'd rather my husband fly an aircraft that has cushioning or an eject button, but ultimately, being a military pilot is his dream.
  4. Senior Member
    My husband looked into the warrant officer thing, but he could only do a specific job that related to his MOS. He wanted to do something completely different.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It is his dream our first conversation of it was well if you drop a packet then we get to TTC. and since i have been with him he has talked about flying but... now he has a chance to do it, it really freaked me out...

i love him and ill 100% support him...

the idea is really scary to me
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by jttigerbaby View Post
    My husband looked into the warrant officer thing, but he could only do a specific job that related to his MOS. He wanted to do something completely different.
    oh damn... that will probably damper his mood...

mine still has to do more research on it.... i wander if it will be the same deal...

do they have to be E5 before they can drop that packet?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ndkallbreier View Post
    oh damn... that will probably damper his mood...

mine still has to do more research on it.... i wander if it will be the same deal...

do they have to be E5 before they can drop that packet?
    I used to have a link on feeder MOS, let me see if I still have it. I want to say that pilot was something completely different though. I have no idea on the rank thing. He had already been in 8 years when he looked into it.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    link would be awesome!
  9. Rockin' a rock
    Rockin' a rock
    One step at a time, he's not in a helicopter yet. He still needs to put in a packet, get picked up, go to flight school, etc. I understand that the idea can be really scary, it is a dangerous job and those guys know that, but lots of people fly Army helicopters every single day. Does he know what he wants to fly?
  10. Senior Member
    http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warran...ninfo_mos.html

Yes, the pilot thing is different. My husband couldnt do it because he had a lower body profile.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast