Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SERE question

1. Senior Member

SERE question

Advertisements
    If anyone is comfortable sharing how their DH was affected by SERE school, please PM me. DH is due home this weekend, and I'm wondering what to expect. TIA
  2. Regular Member
    My husband is a Naval Aircrewman and went through SERE school. He came back perfectly fine. He lost 12 pounds but he came back just as normal as he was when he left.
  3. Senior Member

oh wow, props to your hubby! that is some tough stuff! i have no info but i will bump this for you
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TACAMO_Sweetie View Post
    My husband is a Naval Aircrewman and went through SERE school. He came back perfectly fine. He lost 12 pounds but he came back just as normal as he was when he left.
    That's good to hear. I wasn't really worried b/c he's handled all his combat deployments really well, but my neighbor was running his mouth tonight and freaking me out.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think its something like 3 weeks...

He will drive to the location where the school is and drive home(so he will get rest before they let him drive home)

Hes out in the woods...they capture him....try to get info out of him ....and that's it in a nut shell.

You have to just wait..they normally get off by late afternoon and just walk in the door tired and hungry.
    They have medics on hand and will pull him out if it gets bad.
  6. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    My DH is talking about going to SERE school when he gets back from deployment so I'd love any info. too

My hubby did tell me that it's strongly suggested that your man sleep in a different room than you for a week or two. I know that's hard to do when you haven't seen them for 3 weeks, but some (if not most) still have nightmares. And god forbid you roll over and accidently wake him up and he doesn't know where he is, kwim?
  7. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    ask your neighbor what hispoint of reference is? the SERE program took some heat for unorthodox methods, and was actually shut down for a while, revamped, and recently brought back up.

if he's talking about stories he's heard from five years ago, just disregard them!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradokitkat View Post
    My DH is talking about going to SERE school when he gets back from deployment so I'd love any info. too

My hubby did tell me that it's strongly suggested that your man sleep in a different room than you for a week or two. I know that's hard to do when you haven't seen them for 3 weeks, but some (if not most) still have nightmares. And god forbid you roll over and accidently wake him up and he doesn't know where he is, kwim?

Thanks, that's a good point. And since John Duncan has been spending about half the night in bed with me since DH left, we really don't want DH getting spooked at night.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rad sugar View Post
    ask your neighbor what hispoint of reference is? the SERE program took some heat for unorthodox methods, and was actually shut down for a while, revamped, and recently brought back up.

if he's talking about stories he's heard from five years ago, just disregard them!
    I'm not sure... He's retired military, but he works as a civilian instructor for USASOC. DH has said before that this guy likes to exaggerate things, so I'm hoping that's what's going on here.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.
  10. LLL
    My friend just came back from SERE and she came back with some pretty rough bruises and some crazy stories but she is the same person I knew before she left. She said it was the toughest thing she had to do, but she made it.

"A friend is someone with whom, your thoughts, dreams and secrets you can share. And no matter what you say or do, you know that they still care."
    ~Anonymous
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast