Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Force Reclass ????

1. Regular Member

Air Force Reclass ????

Advertisements
    Ok I am not sure if anyone has an answer to this or not but here it goes. If you dh/so reclassed in the air force how long did it take? I am getting really frustrated that they are just giving him the run around. We have been at this for 6 months now with a hope of finding out come October or November depending on how long the waivers take to go through. Everyone he has talked to said he will get his reclass because of the jobs he has been offered but I know the military all to well that nothing is final until orders are in our hands. Please tell me your reclass stories.
  2. One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    I have actually been wondering the same thing. My DH loves the Air Force but he hates his job. He really wants to re-class but hasn't really looked into yet. I've been wondering if this was even possible and how he should go about it. If you find out anything please let me know!
  3. Junior Member
    What do you mean by relass? Do you mean retrian or is it something else?
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamzyn View Post
    What do you mean by relass? Do you mean retrian or is it something else?
    Yeah same thing. Here they have always said reclass.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherMo View Post
    I have actually been wondering the same thing. My DH loves the Air Force but he hates his job. He really wants to re-class but hasn't really looked into yet. I've been wondering if this was even possible and how he should go about it. If you find out anything please let me know!
    Ok this is what I know every first term airman is given a reclass for the most part. There is a person whose job it is to tell them what needs to be done and what jobs are avaliable and some jobs are easier to get in than others. After all is said and done and theay have approved you for the reclass and what jobs you picked then you have to gather all this paper work and info to prove you qualify for the job. Then after you jump through all of those hoops your paper work goes before a group that meets once at the end of each month to decide if you get the job or not. You get three tries with the group to get your job then you are done. That is what I have been told sorry if it confusing.
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

When dh retrained in 2000 (Yeah, I know... it's been a while), it took about six months before it was all said and done.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brentscrystal View Post
    When dh retrained in 2000 (Yeah, I know... it's been a while), it took about six months before it was all said and done.
    Ok that makes me feel a little better that this is almost over and we are not the only ones that feel like this is taking forever. I just hope he gets it.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    It took 8 mos for DH. About 10 when he got his final orders. PITA, seriously. Keep calling the people at AFPC. They tend to lose track of stuff. They told DH he was denied and then called him 3 mos later and told him he had been approved but no one had bothered to let him know.

Good luck
  8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Dh is trying to retrain at the moment. He started all his paperwork and stuff over a year ago and got everything finished and submitted it and had it approved by his commander, only to be told the next day that that round of offers had finished and he had to resubmit his package for the next round. The list for the next round (this round) came out 2 weeks ago. We are playing the waiting game now to see if it's approved

9. :) :) :)
    :) :) :)
    is what you ladies are talking about the same thing as "cross training"? Derek is in the same boat.. likes the AF, does NOT like his job. he was told in order to cross train he would have to wait until he was halfway thru his initial enlistment period(he signed up for 6 years- would have to wait 3) but you ladies seem to make it sound like he just needs to fill out some paperwork... if this is the case, he would be SO EXCITED!!!!!!! could someone clarify for me?
  10. :) :) :)
    :) :) :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast