Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Army Special Forces

1. Regular Member

Army Special Forces

Advertisements
    Anyone been there done that with Army Special Forces training etc. I am trying to get some information from anyone who has a significant other who has been through the training and is SF. Just looking for insight or any helpful info as what to expect on both sides.

Feel free to PM me as well
  2. Proud Army Wife
    Proud Army Wife
    i'm in the same boat if anyone has any helpful information, such as what life is like for a spouse of a SF Soldier
  3. Regular Member
    Could we add intelligence in there? I know it's not special forces, but

(Or suggest where to post a new thread)
    "To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives,
    it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive."

[/CENTER]
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TryingtoUnderstand View Post
    Could we add intelligence in there? I know it's not special forces, but

(Or suggest where to post a new thread)
    There is nothing special about MI except they cant tell you anything about work. They can have a strategic (usually they work in a building and do litle or no field stuff) or Tactical (field unit, usually when they deploy). It is different depending on what unit they are getting assigned to.
  5. Senior Member
    Did you watch that show that was on the Discovery Channel yesterday night? 2 Weeks of Hell.. It was on the Special Forces training... nuts I tell you.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jttigerbaby View Post
    There is nothing special about MI except they cant tell you anything about work. They can have a strategic (usually they work in a building and do litle or no field stuff) or Tactical (field unit, usually when they deploy). It is different depending on what unit they are getting assigned to.
    Thanks...he's going through some stuff and it's driving me crazy because I can't do anything to help him.
    "To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives,
    it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive."

[/CENTER]
  7. Senior Member
    My DB has been SF for about 8 years. He is a higher ranking officer and can't really tell me anything about his work. While he was here, he would easily work 60 hours a week every week. The only time he could completely get away from his work was when we left town and had now cell phone service. Although, my job isn't much different as far as being attached to a blackberry. This deployment has seemed like his longest and his busiest. I've gone for as long as 2 1/2 weeks without an email and as long as almost 3 months without a phone call. He normally loves what he does but this past year has been extremely busy for him and he's getting a little tired of working non-stop even when he's not deployed. He does miss not kicking in doors so much anymore and misses not being out with the team doing fun things like jumping out of planes very often and blowing up stuff. I have the utmost respect for him and could not be prouder to have him as my love.

The lack of communication has been pretty challenging but we have a very good relationship and I have spent many years being single and taking care of things on my own so this hasn't been a whole lot different than how it was before he came into my life. If you are needy and very dependent and rely on your SO to take care of a lot of stuff for you, I'd suggest you guys reevaluate some things or it's going to be a very rough road. If I didn't trust DB as much as I do, I could never do this. There isn't a single person from my past who I trusted enough to do something like this.