Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navy to Army

1. Senior Member

Question Navy to Army

Advertisements
    Has anyone had experience with this? My Dh is considering going WO in the Army and I am looking for some firsthand knoweledge. I want to know if the Army guy is telling a lie right off the bat, we all know how recruiters can be. Any info would be great.
    blinkies by Britt
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea... but I'll bump.

3. Senior Member
    Thanks.
    blinkies by Britt
  4. Member
    try asking on the usmilitary.about.com forum, there are several army people, and a current army recruiter, who post on there regularly.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My husband went Navy to Army. What exactly are they telling him?
  6. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber V View Post
    Has anyone had experience with this? My Dh is considering going WO in the Army and I am looking for some firsthand knoweledge. I want to know if the Army guy is telling a lie right off the bat, we all know how recruiters can be. Any info would be great.
    yeah it's true they can be picked up by the army as a warrent..... they will be HD from the navy, and then have to re elinst in the army... should be able to skip boot camp.. but will have to go to a "army 101" type class. DH has looked into very lengthy... and one of the guy's that just got to our command actually was an army recruiter who went navy seabee... DH and the other guy's laughed at him and asked him why... and he seriously said... he had no clue it was a dumb move. you make rank faster in the army than in anyother branch ... infantry even more.... he told dh why not go infantry and dh looked at him and laughed... we have untill may 2011 to make rank in the navy before he's out.... here's your 40k thanks for your time don't let the door hit ya on the way out... at which he will then turn around and enlist in the army under WO. DH was told that if he didn't get picked up WO than he could go in exactly where he is at and 6 months down the road go in and test for his e-6 which appearntly is an easier test... considering DH has passed 3 times with no advancement in the navy. it's getting to be a joke.

i know there are some other threads on here about this.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  7. Senior Member
    Thanks for some insight ladies. We have not talked with the recruiter yet. We are getting our q's on a pices of paper and doing our research first. We will be going in on Weds morning to see what they have to say. Any other in put is very welcome.
    blinkies by Britt
  8. Senior Member
    DH was looking into it last year, but the recruiter never showed up for his meetings with him so he said screw it kind of. I think they don't care as much if they're not going enlisted which is supposedly the only things they get credit for. Hope its easier for him than it was for my DH.
  9. Senior Member
    The only program I know about is the Army Warrant Program where they go and fly and if they don't pass flight school then they are immediately placed into infantry.
  10. Senior Member
    Well we met with the recruiter a couple of days ago and we are waiting to hear back from him with further details. We will wait and see. This could be a long process because my hubby still has some length left on his contract. But the Navy is downsizing so it could be a short process. We are still not sure which route we want to go and are still looking into all of our options. Thanks for the inputs that have been given though.
    blinkies by Britt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast