Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Khaki Ball ??

  1. Miss Puerto Rico
    Shaky's Avatar
    Shaky is offline
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    28,310
    #1

    Khaki Ball ??

    Advertisements
    I'm trying to plan with time and see if I can even make it. I really hope so since it's such a special time for DH but with the baby I'm not sure if I can make it since I would not trust him with just anyone. I'm thinking maybe if I could fly my mom so she can stay with him
    The thing is, I breastfeed him, no bottle, so what am I to do? any ideas?
    How long does the ball usually last? Is he required to stay the whole time?
    Would it even be worth it if we go for about two hrs?
  2. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    I'm trying to plan with time and see if I can even make it. I really hope so since it's such a special time for DH but with the baby I'm not sure if I can make it since I would not trust him with just anyone. I'm thinking maybe if I could fly my mom so she can stay with him
    The thing is, I breastfeed him, no bottle, so what am I to do? any ideas?
    How long does the ball usually last? Is he required to stay the whole time?
    Would it even be worth it if we go for about two hrs?

    They usually go on until late, but you could go for the first couple of hours and that's the "important" part anyway . The beginning is when they usually introduce the new CPO's and their spouse to the mess.
  3. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #3
    Oh and as far as him being breastfed... you could always try introducing a bottle of breastmilk here and there so that he would take a bottle from your mom if he needs to eat while she is gone. You still have 4 weeks to work on that .
  4. Official COOTER KICKER!!!~
    His Mermaid's Avatar
    His Mermaid is offline
    Official COOTER KICKER!!!~
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,980
    #4
    Do you pump? He can still have your breast milk if you pump and have them for your mom when you're at the ball... I'm not sure how long it keeps but maybe that morning you can pump.

    If thats a no... Then I don't see why going for 2 hours wouldn't be enough... Like Caimbrie said, the beginning us the ceremony part and you can leave after that.
  5. Senior Member
    NavyChiefs_Wife's Avatar
    NavyChiefs_Wife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sasebo, Japan
    Posts
    10,492
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    They usually go on until late, but you could go for the first couple of hours and that's the "important" part anyway . The beginning is when they usually introduce the new CPO's and their spouse to the mess.


  6. Miss Puerto Rico
    Shaky's Avatar
    Shaky is offline
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    28,310
    #6
    I do pump and have a bank already that we haven't even use. We want to introduce bottle with breastmilk for cases like this but I've been told dh is the one who should introduce the bottle, not me, maybe we could work on that whenever dh has some free time. If not we will have to go for about two hrs before is time to feed him again lol
  7. Senior Member
    Lynnette1990's Avatar
    Lynnette1990 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Beaufort,SC
    Posts
    2,402
    #7
    Definetly start introducing the bottle to him.




    Deployment Survivor:
    09.24.08-10.17.09
  8. Account Closed
    carolinagirll's Avatar
    carolinagirll is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,823
    #8
    yeah I would try pumping
  9. "They love me around here. I'm a swell guy."
    Hueneme2Gulfport's Avatar
    Hueneme2Gulfport is offline
    "They love me around here. I'm a swell guy."
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    125
    #9
    Is the ball at a hotel? Get a room and have your sitter stay there, you can run up and check/nurse whenever you feel like it or baby needs you.
  10. Miss Puerto Rico
    Shaky's Avatar
    Shaky is offline
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    28,310
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hueneme2Gulfport View Post
    Is the ball at a hotel? Get a room and have your sitter stay there, you can run up and check/nurse whenever you feel like it or baby needs you.
    That's a great idea but I really doubt it will be in a hotel since is not that formal.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •