Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When your SO made CPO... Orders..

1. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico

When your SO made CPO... Orders..

Advertisements
    How did it go with new orders?
    How soon did he find out where he was going or if he was staying?
    Did he have choices?
    Tell us the story!

I'm so worry about his orders now sice we kinda had orders to stay here and now they told him he lost them as soon as he made CPO.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Hope someone can help you Shakers!!
  3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

For us it worked out perfect. We were already working on orders for him to instruct here in SC and he was already coming to fill a CPO billet anyway, so nothing changed for us. We know others who had JUST transfered and had to get new orders, that is a bummer .

Since he has to pick new orders, it'll pretty much be the same as him getting new orders before. They'll tell him what they have available and he can go from there. Now that he'll be a CPO, the slots of more limited of course, but he'll be given whatever options they have available for him.
  4. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    We knew this could happen (getting orders and then losing them) Ayyy I hate not knowing what will happen, we are really hoping to stay here.
    When do they start picking orders?
  5. Senior Member
    My DH started sea duty in May and then was selected in Aug.(obviously, lol). He was on that boat until November when he reported to the new boat. He started looking at options right after the pinning though. Once they decided what boat he was going to, he reported in just a couple of weeks. Luckily both boats were here in Groton so we didn't have to move.
    Tara
  6. I'll live it for you...
    I'll live it for you...
    we just fell into our 9 month window. but he can't even call the detailer (or however it works now) until sept 16. We don't care what they offer us, we are aware that sea duty is next up so were just stoked to get outta cali. Good luck shaky I hope things work out for you and it ends up you are able to stay.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We stayed where we were when DH made it. Then again, his Chief had just left so he just took over. We were stationed overseas though so that may have made a difference. Good luck!
    ~~Crystal
    Wife to Chris
    SAHM to Riley Ann

Hubby retired from the Navy June 2011 and what a change of life!
  8. Senior Member

When dh made it in 2006, 2 or 3 others in his command made it, too. He had only been at that command a year, I think. After I got the call that he made I immediately logged onto JASS (back when you didn't need a CAC) and started looking at orders. I knew since he made CPO that he could get new orders and I wanted to pick them, LOL!

So I saw these orders to Korea and thought about how dh would take these in a heart beat because he had been here before and loved it. I didn't think he could take them but I still told him about it. He was already on shore duty and these were shore.

So on my birthday, which happens to be today, in 06 he was talking to his detailer about orders and he happened to mention seeing the orders to Korea and said how cool it would be to go there and the detailer said if he wanted them they were his! They had been up there 4 months without a single inquiry. So dh still on the line with his detailer calls me up on his cell and asked me "What do you think about going to Korea... seriously. I need to know now!!" I was stunned and he asked me again and I sat there for a few seconds and said yeah why not and I could hear him on the other line saying "She said yes!" so 5 months later to the day we we arrived in Korea.

Command sponsorship was a given, we had to apply for it formally so we could get the overseas screening to make sure we were good to go. Dh also got the max AIP from the first day here, too, which is $450 extra a month.
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    We knew this could happen (getting orders and then losing them) Ayyy I hate not knowing what will happen, we are really hoping to stay here.
    When do they start picking orders?
    He can start now I think. Dh was talking to his detailer in the middle of the 6 weeks indoc. This was 2006, though. I don't know if things have changed.
  10. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast