Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Are chances good we can get our orders pulled?

  1. Account Closed
    IslandSweetie's Avatar
    IslandSweetie is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    690
    #1

    Are chances good we can get our orders pulled?

    Advertisements
    In July, DH picked a hot fill billet for E6

    July 31, we find out he made Chief

    Aug 7, we find out he got the E6 hot fill

    Is there a way we can re-negotiate his orders for a Chief billet? It doesn't seem very career-enhancing for him to go to one for a lower rank... plus I really don't want to go to the hot fill

    We're going to look at orders today and see if there is something that would be better for his career, but I'm hoping he can get the other ones pulled because he doesn't have hard copy orders... just the "S" next to the billet on bupers online
  2. You are here.
    Frybread's Avatar
    Frybread is offline
    You are here.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    23,977
    #2
    Ask NC@Sea in the Career forums....


    or gunsgirl...they both are extremely knowledgeable in this arena.
  3. Senior Member
    NC@SEA's Avatar
    NC@SEA is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,097
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzenza View Post
    Ask NC@Sea in the Career forums....


    or gunsgirl...they both are extremely knowledgeable in this arena.
    Gunsgirl is the benefits expert as in pay and entitlements
  4. Account Closed
    Brandi's Avatar
    Brandi is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    39,743
    Blog Entries
    1
    #4
    There is a very good chance, yes. Most people I have personally known have gotten their orders changed upon making Chief. We had just arrived in SD when we found out he made it, he checked into his command the next day, renegotiated for orders a few days later, then checked into the new command a few days after that. It's not a certainty, but the chances are good, in my opinion.
  5. Account Closed
    IslandSweetie's Avatar
    IslandSweetie is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    690
    #5
    That would be awesome if we could re-negotiate... I sooo don't want to go to MS. My job is in CA and home is in Hawaii so either one I'd be fine with.
  6. Senior Member
    NC@SEA's Avatar
    NC@SEA is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,097
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandSweetie View Post
    In July, DH picked a hot fill billet for E6

    July 31, we find out he made Chief

    Aug 7, we find out he got the E6 hot fill

    Is there a way we can re-negotiate his orders for a Chief billet? It doesn't seem very career-enhancing for him to go to one for a lower rank... plus I really don't want to go to the hot fill

    We're going to look at orders today and see if there is something that would be better for his career, but I'm hoping he can get the other ones pulled because he doesn't have hard copy orders... just the "S" next to the billet on bupers online
    If you do not have hard copy orders then you can get them pulled most likely

    It depeneds on if the billet he picked can be filled by an E7. If it's strictly an E6 billet then he will have to renogtiate. Please be careful in what you ask for since he may not get to really pick his next set of PCS Orders if he wants to change the current ones. Sometimes the detailer will tell brand new E7's where they are going. Our new selects are not having their orders changed.

    The one good benefit of makine E7 is that the moving allowance increases but I don't think they will send way cross country to Hawaii but there is a better chance now.

    But like I said, it all depends on if he has orders and if the billet he is filling can be dual coded E6/E7.
  7. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by NC@SEA View Post
    Gunsgirl is the benefits expert as in pay and entitlements
    Awe yep that's me!!

    and I would have said- it is possible- but will depend on whether he will be filling an E6 billet that can be filled by an E7-

    and with the orders- he may not get to select- he may get a choice of 1-2 that he has available.

    the navy does things way diff than the CG!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •