Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Another Marine Corps reenlistment question

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Another Marine Corps reenlistment question

Advertisements
    I'm hoping someone has some answers for me.

So... we just got word that DH's lateral move was approved, but the actual status is "approved pending release." The career planner said that it means the marine corps is short on money so he has to wait until October 1 (new fiscal year) to do the actual reenlistment.

The thing I don't understand is... when are we going to get orders? Is the reenlistment contract going to suddenly appear on October 1? Will we get orders after that? I thought that you got your orders WITH the reenlistment contract so you knew where you were going and stuff. I'm confused. Someone help! First term reenlistment is confusing...

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Im an idiot with all of this so I am for you! I am glad you guys got word
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Yeah I think the marines like keeping us in the dark, lol. And it doesn't help that DH refuses to ask simple questions. When the career planner tells him something, he's like "oh, okay" and then he never asks the next logical question, which leaves me scrambling around trying to make sense of things. It doesn't help that I'm type A, lol.

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyHalos View Post
    Yeah I think the marines like keeping us in the dark, lol. And it doesn't help that DH refuses to ask simple questions. When the career planner tells him something, he's like "oh, okay" and then he never asks the next logical question, which leaves me scrambling around trying to make sense of things. It doesn't help that I'm type A, lol.
    My DH knows not to come home with out answers except I am the one in control of answers this time around. Because of his location I am literally the one dealing with all this

It is so interesting how the Corps works though. Its like they have an answer for everything but ITS A SECRET but not really SUCKS!
  5. bend...and snap!
    bend...and snap!
    No idea, sorry. My husband's lat move was in the middle of an enlistment.