Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: hope you guys might have an answer for me...

1. KARMA!!!!
    KARMA!!!!

Help hope you guys might have an answer for me...

Advertisements
    Hay i know with all the advice i have seen some of the girls give i know someone will have an answer...

Well my husband wanted to look into changing his MOS do any of you know how he would look into this.. Does he talk to the recruiter??? any help would be appreciated... Thanks again for your help lady's!!!
  2. Senior Member
    How long has he been in? What's his rank? Is his MOS high demand?

3. KARMA!!!!
    KARMA!!!!
    I am sorry I didn't give an additional info!! he has been in since 2000, E5, (E6 in few weeks), and hes current MOS is with 21C. He does the bridges fixes them and but down temporary ones were needed. hope that helps. He has also done 3 deployments. Hope that helps!!
  4. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

He'll probably have to talk to his retention officer first to see if they will release him from his current MOS. Technically, what they can do is keep him until his contract is done. After that he'd have to get out and come back in on another MOS, but thats a LOT of paperwork and a huge hassle, so hopefully they'll work with him. I'd have him start there and then see about going to a recruiter afterwards. I'm just not sure a recruiter really has anything to do with you once you already have a contract. I'm not positive about that part though.
  5. Senior Member
    My husband did this, but with the Navy. He spoke to his detailer first, which in the Navy is the person responsible for getting your next set of orders. He also had to go through his command and personnel support. I'm not going to lie, it was a lot of work and a lot of waiting, took almost 2 years to get approved and get him to school for his new rate, but he did it.

I would recommend that he start with his command, bring it up with senior enlisted or his officer in charge and they should be able to tell him his options and where to go from there. Good luck!
  6. there is no place like home
    there is no place like home

He needs to talk to a career counselor about this. He can change his MOS but there are lots of stipulations involved since he is SGT. Alot of reclasses will not take SGT-P or SSG so if he talks now, there is a chance he can drop the promotable to reclass. Has he been picked up for E-6 yet? Points are not out yet for September promotions so he should start looking this week if he could.

7. Senior Member
    My husband reclassed to a new MOS, he joined some special program they had. You had to actually be an E-6 to join it. He looked into changing his MOS and they werent allowing people to reclass from his MOS, but his retention officer told him about this program and he got accepted.