Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Duty - What's it like?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Question Recruiting Duty - What's it like?

Advertisements
    I know this comes up from time to time since recruiting duty tends to be either really great or really horrible for a lot of people. So, I thought we could keep a sticky in this forum just going over the basics of how recruiting duty was for you and your significant other.

Why did your significant other decide to do recruiting (career, location)? Did you feel that it was worth it, overall?
    Where did they recruit and for which branch?
    What aspects were good?
    What aspects were hard?
  2. I'll live it for you...
    I'll live it for you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandily View Post
    I know this comes up from time to time since recruiting duty tends to be either really great or really horrible for a lot of people. So, I thought we could keep a sticky in this forum just going over the basics of how recruiting duty was for you and your significant other.

Why did your significant other decide to do recruiting (career, location)? Did you feel that it was worth it, overall?
    Where did they recruit and for which branch?
    What aspects were good?
    What aspects were hard?
    DH decided to go on Recruiting Duty because he knew it would help with his advancement. ( it worked in only 2 years)
    He and myself feel this was worth it, even though it was hard in the beginning he worked hard and got to come home earlier as time went on. Got alot of nams and awards and was selected to go to Washington D.C. it was pretty cool for him.
    DH Recruits out of NRD Las Angeles for the US Navy
    The benefits are good...
    For us its hard because everyone here is an NC. For DH he had to put a little more work into his job if he wanted to get noticed. THe long hours suck im just glad he has to drive 1 hour to MEPS and not 3 like some people.

For anyone looking to go Recruiting Duty. Good luck!!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DH just got released from his regular detailer to the recruiting detailer. He is looking for an office thats close to home. My question is what about the school before recruiting starts. How long is it?
  4. Senior Member
    Recruiting is a touchy subject to me because my job directly involves the Sailors they put in.

It is either very rewarding or a very miserable tour. Great benefits though and the recognition could be beyond what you ever expected.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I know this is old but my husband is a recruiter for the Air Force. He is in his 4th year and we are done in May! We personally can't wait. He does his job VERY well and has won awards, ect but he really can't stand the job..lol. He is returning to force. The up side has been he has been able to rearrange his schedule usually if he needed to and he didn't have a boss around him (they are at least 45 minutes away) and I could go to his office often to visit or have lunch, when he was busy that is. However, he worked a lot of long hours and even weekends and dinners are interupted with phone calls or him needing to work from home. It has been a long 4 years and but we made and are happy to move on from it.
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks for the positive thinking on recruiting duty. Other support sites I've been to have been so negative. Saying that this billet will ruin a marriage, even some members have thought about leaving their husbands because of the demands of this billet. Thanks again! Dh will be checking in soon for recruiter duty.
    Another day down is another day closer- tip to survive deployment #5
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Recruiting duty!

END OF STORY
  8. Senior Member
    Well just finished my first week. The long hours haven't gotten to me. I work out after work so when I'm done he's usually home. So far so good!
    Another day down is another day closer- tip to survive deployment #5
  9. Regular Member
    DH is getting ready to submit his package for recruiting duty in a couple days. He's volunteering in order to advance his career - his position is frozen right now and we just found out that his rank for his MOS was offered ZERO promotions for this year. Crazy!

We are going to try to get stationed where I am originally from (Columbus, OH) so that I can have friends and some family around while he's working. Can anyone give specifics about their own experiences? I am really wondering how much I will see him. I know it's demanding so I am prepared to be alone for dinners and bedtimes a lot, but I will miss him!!

DH has a Gunny at work who recruited out of LA some years ago and he was telling him all about it - but I know things have changed somewhat since then due to the economy being the way it is. I have been told it's not such a bad job right now. Do any of you have a DH that's recruiting right now?

Any insight, girls?
  10. Regular Member
    bump!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast