Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Question

Advertisements
    The FRO just emailed me letting me know he checked on DH reenlistment packet He said

"checked on his reenlistment packet this morning and his monitor at Headquarters Marine Corps still has it on his desk."

Is that like the low man on the totem poll? Or is that who makes the decision? Somewhere in between ?

Sorry if thats a silly questions I just have no idea

Thank you!
  2. Senior Member
    um, no clue
    But still sending and hoping yall hear whats goin on SOON!
  3. Senior Member
    umm from my understanding, the monitor is the one who decided who goes where and when...so if im not mistaken, and i might be, the monitor is the one who decides on who reenlists, when and where....

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inmansgirl06 View Post
    umm from my understanding, the monitor is the one who decided who goes where and when...so if im not mistaken, and i might be, the monitor is the one who decides on who reenlists, when and where....
    I think you are right I asked my grandpa and he said the same thing I learn something new daily.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carmel11725 View Post
    um, no clue
    But still sending and hoping yall hear whats goin on SOON!
    Thank you you're awesome
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My husband is also doing the reenlistment thing and we keep checking all the time, too. I don't fully understand all the monitors, but I can tell you what his career planner has been telling him.

My husband is doing a lat move from infantry to MWR (the guys that run the PX's). Once the full packet was submitted, it went to the MWR monitor and then to the 0311 monitor. Career planner said that once it goes to 0311 monitor, it's usually a sure thing... that they just sign off on it (saying that he is getting released from 0311 MOS). Headquarters is where they do the reenlist stuff, so if it's there, that is probably a good sign. It seems like the monitors just sign off on the packets, so I'm thinking that is good for you. Also, the reenlistment stuff and orders come from Headquarters.

Anyway, my husband was told this morning that they JUST starting signing off on things today (as of last week only 3 reenlistments had been approved in the entire corps... at least, that is what the career planner said). So, husband said that we should hear something this week, so I'm thinking you will as well.

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    do you know who his monitor is??
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyHalos View Post
    My husband is also doing the reenlistment thing and we keep checking all the time, too. I don't fully understand all the monitors, but I can tell you what his career planner has been telling him.

My husband is doing a lat move from infantry to MWR (the guys that run the PX's). Once the full packet was submitted, it went to the MWR monitor and then to the 0311 monitor. Career planner said that once it goes to 0311 monitor, it's usually a sure thing... that they just sign off on it (saying that he is getting released from 0311 MOS). Headquarters is where they do the reenlist stuff, so if it's there, that is probably a good sign. It seems like the monitors just sign off on the packets, so I'm thinking that is good for you. Also, the reenlistment stuff and orders come from Headquarters.

Anyway, my husband was told this morning that they JUST starting signing off on things today (as of last week only 3 reenlistments had been approved in the entire corps... at least, that is what the career planner said). So, husband said that we should hear something this week, so I'm thinking you will as well.

Thank you so much for this info I will sit and wait... in a non patient way Good Luck to you guys!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica.erin View Post
    do you know who his monitor is??
    uh no I didn't even know what a monitor was till today. But the FRO has been insanely helpful with DH in the middle of nowhere and keeping me up to date with the info
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    haha...oh ok.

if you knew the name i could see if DH could put a word in with his (they are close..) and find out what the stinking hold up is

but for you and your never ending patience lol. i would be going insane.
    dh did say though that as long as he hasnt been in any trouble it should be approved.

what is his rank?