Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Cross Branching

1. Regular Member

Exclamation Cross Branching

Advertisements
    I know I haven't been on here in a while but I always keep coming back. I am thinking about joining the military. I would really like to cross into the blue... (air force). My husband is in the army and I would like to talk to someone who is not biased. I am told that recruiters lie to meet quotas. Has anyone heard of couples from different branches that are not separated as far as duty stations are concerned and also not deployed at the same time? I really need your input on this. If there is no hope, then I may have to consider army life...
  2. Banned
    Banned
    ok- first- no ALL recruiters do not lie.

but- as a dual military couple in different branches- you will have no control over duty locations, deployment rotations, ect.
    each branch does not work with the others-

so when your Army guy is due to deploy- you cannot go tell your AF detailer that you cannot deploy because he is.
    they do not work together to co-locate- it is hard enough in the same branch to co locate let alone 2 different branches.

I know a famly= with kids- she is a pilot in the Army- he is a pilot in the CG- the met and married while both Army he cross branched into the CG-
    they have been married 14 yrs he has been CG 7 and in the last 7 yrs they have never lived together!!!
    right now they live 4 hours apart- they see each other on weekends when thier schedules allow, it is a tough life and the wife retires in 2 yrs, hence the only reason they have stuck it out.

also remember even in the army they will not guarentee that you both will NOT go to the sand box at the same time- there are alot of couples there together, with thier kids at grandmas or aunties for 15 months.
    there will days you will train away from home at the same time, ect.
  3. Regular Member
    Thank you for the feedback gunsgirl. I will think more into it...